My goal in this round is to (gradually perhaps) provide SSN (BuddyPress) users with the following functionalities:
1. Optional login with facebook credentials/identity.
2. Optional synchronization between FB and SSN profiles (data, pictures, settings), configurable by the user.
3. Mirroring between the users FB wall and SSN personal activity stream. The basic rules:
- whatever is public, spreads both ways.
- whatever is made private (non-public whatever way) within SSN stays within SSN.
- whatever is made non-public within FB is decided by the user whether is spreads to SSN, but the deafult is yes.
3. Mirroring between the groups. SSN groups mapped to FB groups or pages, with the content flowing both ways.
4. Messaging and chat stay separated (we may address it later).
*** I do NOT want to publish posts nor comments from WPMU directly on FB; I only need connectivity through BuddyPress ***
As much as I could understand the description, Ultimate Facebook should provide enough integration for my purposes. Now, after installation and configuration I got to the point where I have my application registered and the config panel shows everything correct (see pics).
I reviewed the configuration while watching the tutorials you recommended (BTW, very well done, thank you for great job).
Now, I can share an item from SSN to FB and it works exactly as expected.
I can also like an item, but it shows nowhere in my FB area -- I could only trace it through my activity log and the permalink there.
Certain things do not work at all:
1. Sharing provides poor presentation of the item shared (see pics).
2. Same pics show that there is no comment exchange (while manual import of comments worked first time, I tried it again after commenting -- no effect).
3. Checking/unchecking "Use Facebook for comments" does not change anything in the interface.
There are also certain questions not covered in the tutorial:
1. What is the role of "use shortlink" checkbox in the Autoposting section?
2. What is the logic and operation of the group synchronisation options?