Ultimate Facebook crashes main menu & site design

Hi worlds`greatest Support Team,

om http://www.musikzentrale.net i was trying to use UF, mainly for Login via FB to buddypress and bbpress. This feature worked like a charm, but unfortunately it crashes the site`s design and the main menu simply disappears, at least for no reason i can see. As far as i can see, there is no obvious plugin conflict or a technical reasond, since i am running on a managed server with WP, Theme and all Plugins up to date and lots of hardware ressources.

Since i would love to use UF, it would be great if you can point me to a soution, thanks in advance.

Have a great weekend, cheers
Sebastian.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Sebastian,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've accessed your site and checked it and I can confirm that with our "Ultimate Facebook" enabled the entire header part gets hidden. With Chrome I can't see it and with Firefox I can but it's not usable (can't click on it etc). This seems like it's being moved "behind" other elements.

I tried to change some CSS rules to bring it back to front but surprisingly these didn't help. That said, I'd need to run some more check on my own test setup and hopefully I'll be able to find a solution, as this seems "tricky" but I believe it has to be something quite simple actually. If necessary, I'll also consult this with Ultimate Facebook developer.

That said, please keep an eye on this thread for further information!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Sebastian!

I just did some further testing on my end but so far I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior. That said, I tried to access your site once again using support access that you have granted (in order to replicate your theme settings on my sandbox as closely as possible) but wasn't able to.

Your site kept rejecting my access attempts saying that I've been logged-out. It seems like some kind of security plugin/tool is causing this. Therefore, could you please disable it for me (or if this is not a case, perhaps revoking and re-granting support access would help) and let me know here?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Sebastian

Hi Adam,

thx for coming back on my issue, really appreciate this (... and it is new to me, since my support experiences in the free-plugin world were horrible, one of the reasons to switch to wpmudev).

I am logged in now again and i guess, you get access via my account? so it should work now, but to be sure i extended support access. Thanks for taking care.

have a nice day & best regards,
    sebastian

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Sebastian!

Thanks for your response. I perform some further testing on both yours and mine sites and the issue still remains a bit of mystery for me. One thing I can say for sure is that CSS needs to be customized a bit and cache plugin is interfering. Overall, it looks simple but turns out to be quite complex.

That said, I'd like to ask you for a little more help here. Could you please disable all caching on your site completely and also make sure that you keep support access open for me until we fix this?

Let me know here!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Sebastian

Hi Adam,

thanks for your patience and efforts, I really appreciate your kind help.

I have extended support access for another 72 hours and will have an eye on it to keep your acceess open.

May I kindly ask you to turn caching plugin (we are using wp rocket, since W3 cache caused some serious issues, but moren than this, the dramatic increase of loading time over the years urged us to switch). Due to the time difference between Germany and Australia, you seem to work in our visitors` prime time. If this is asked too much, please let me know and I will switch off caching permanently.

Have a great day. Best regards,
    Sebastian.

PS: Another issue i came across these days is that I can't access the page listing ("Seiten") and the Options in the Backend. Maybe this is of some help ... or it does not have anything to do with the issue we are about to solve?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Sebastian,

I've been checking your site and in the meantime it logged me out and when I try to use support access again I get this notification:

Your session has expired because it has been over 300 minutes since your last login. Please log back in to continue.

However I was able to see that the issue is only happening while logged in and "wrap_all" ID is not getting any height.
    After I turn off position absolute for that ID the menu does show up.
    This CSS is showing to be called from cached files so it's most likely caching issue but since I got logged out I was unable to test this with caching disabled.
    Could you please try that and check if that is the case indeed?

PS: Another issue i came across these days is that I can't access the page listing ("Seiten":wink: and the Options in the Backend. Maybe this is of some help ... or it does not have anything to do with the issue we are about to solve?

I didn't have time to check this, again, because I was logged out :slight_frown:

I'm guessing that I was logged out because of your security plugin so when you log in with your credentials again we should have access for 300 minutes again.

Below is the screenshot of part that is causing this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Sebastian

Hi Predrag,

thank you for the great support effort you all give to me, really appreciate this! So, here is what i tried:

1. activate WP-Rocket (cache Plugin) AND UFB: No main menu or Logo
    2. deactivate WP-Rocket AND UFB activated, cleared browser cache: No main menu or Logo
    3. activate WP-Rocket AND UFB deactivated: main menu and logo appears as supposed to.

This problem appears as well in the rows below, they are not 100% in width anymore.

I extend the expire time to 600 Minutes and am logged in now, so you should have access again.
    Looking forward to read of you again.

Best regards, Sebastian.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sebastian,

I'm starting to run out of ideas here, I have tested enfold theme on my installation and nothing gets messed up after activating UFB, I event tried using the same setup from your site and added this CSS which looks like is causing it on your site:

#wrap_all {
      position: absolute;
      width: 100%;
      z-index: 1;
    }

Unfortunately nothing replicated the issue.

Since your site is live I wouldn't like to mess with it too much so could you send us your FTP login details so we can transfer themes and plugins on our local installation and do some further testing there?

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

In the meantime, could you try going to /wp-content/themes/enfold/css/ and from custom.css try commenting out the code snippet I mentioned above and see if that would work as a quick workaround?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for sending in the details, I pulled all your plugins and theme on my installation, tried with same plugins activated but I was still unable to replicate it on my installation.

I did return the CSS from above and deactivated UFB so I can see the differences with and without the code, but I actually couldn't spot something specific.
    Could you attach some screenshots of what is off when you remove the above code and activate UFB?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Sebastian

hey Sajid,
    you guys are awesome! It looks great now that I have entered these lines of css. Thank you so much.
    I want to use UFB mainly for login, so i have to set up our buddypress & bbpress based community before i can give some feedback about functionality. Maybe you want to keep the thread open till i have the forum etc. working.

Again, what a great support, thank you.

Cheers, Sebastian.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.