Ultimate Facebook does not map Facebook to X-profile if the Facebook data is given only during regis

I noticed that Ultimate Facebook fails to take in the location field supplied by the user at the time of registration via Facebook if he already did not have that specified.

To clarify, in my setup I have ultimate fb map the location field in facebook to a x-profile field called location. But if I register as a user who does not have the location field already set in my Facebook profile, the location field is then asked by Facebook registration form as a required field. Now when I give the info and register, UFB fails to take in the info and assign it to the x-profile field even though it gets updated in Facebook.

I need to manually sync FB data again to get it to take in the field. I think this needs a fix.

• PC

Hello @adams

@Jack Kitterhing asked me to test the same and I registered. Apart from Bio all the fields were automatically filled in.

Can you kindly provide a screenshot of the mapping settings ? My colleague has already sent this to the attention of our lead developer @Vladislav.

My facebook profile already contains the location field, however as you said,

To clarify, in my setup I have ultimate fb map the location field in facebook to a x-profile field called location. But if I register as a user who does not have the location field already set in my Facebook profile, the location field is then asked by Facebook registration form as a required field. Now when I give the info and register, UFB fails to take in the info and assign it to the x-profile field even though it gets updated in Facebook.

Can you provide a screenshot for that as well please ?

Off topic : Are you the same : https://www.facebook.com/india.cd/ ? if yes, then it's a great news :slight_smile: I am already a fan

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• adams

Thanks PC. I would suggest you do the following:

Delete your account, remove the location field if any in your facebook profile at facebook.com, then register at the site where FB registration form will ask for your location (a required field) and give you an option to update it in on your facebook.

No matter if you selected the option to save the location in your facebook profile or not, the location data will not be pulled in by UFB into buddypress. But a "sync my fb info" will do it later on if you had saved the location on UFB.

Off topic, I would also like UFB to auto sync FB of a user every time a user logs-in. Anyway to do this?

And yes india.cd is ours, thanks for being a fan :slight_smile:

• PC

No matter if you selected the option to save the location in your facebook profile or not, the location data will not be pulled in by UFB into buddypress. But a "sync my fb info" will do it later on if you had saved the location on UFB.

I just tested it with my brothers facebook account as I can't mess up with mine :stuck_out_tongue: lol

However, it worked just fine.

I removed location from his facebook profile
    I created an account on your site
    I selected Bijnor as a location
    I checked the box
    I registered

When I view the profile on your site, the location field is pulled in

http://www.india.cd/members/ankit_jaatrana/profile/
    and its there on the Facebook profile as well now.

So it seems to be working fine for me.

Off topic, I would also like UFB to auto sync FB of a user every time a user logs-in. Anyway to do this?

I am not 100% sure on whether this is possible or not. Let me call our lead developer for his thoughts on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.