Ultimate Facebook - Event time problem

I have an issue with the Ultimate facebook - Events widget start and end times. I've followed the tips i've seen in various forum posts on this topic, but nothing seems to change my time from the standard UTC+0 time. I need UTC+10. A test can be seen here: http://rhythmculture.com.au/facebook-events-test/
The facebook events can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/RhythmCultureOZ/events

My wordpress settings show UTC time is 2013-02-24 6:06:01 Local time is 2013-02-24 16:06:01 - this seems to be right.

My server time appears good also. I've added php_value date.timezone Australia/Brisbane to the .htaccess and my info.php seems to show the correct time.
Default timezone: Australia/Brisbane
and
date.timezone
local value:Australia/Brisbane
Master value:America/Los_Angeles
You can view the php info here: http://rhythmculture.com.au/info.php

Is there something i'm missing?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adrian_anderson,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I believe this issue has indeed been addressed in the past and \I also believe that it was determined that Facebook was setting the time for this.

To be sure I remember correctly, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adrian_anderson and edihtors,

After spending a considerable time trying to change this php setting if one Googles this they will find that this issue, not relative to Facebook, but to the server time zones has gone on forever with many different approaches to fixing the problem but not a single one has panned out for me.

At root when I check using "date" I get EST though the php.ini file returns America/Los Angeles

So I tried resetting this many ways but to no avail can I affect this.

In the php.ini file I changed it to and no joy:
    [Date]
    ; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
    date.timezone = America/New_York

I even tried adding the following code and still no joy:
    date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York");

All reported back America/Los_Angeles

Here is some of the research and notice what it says in the first answer:
    http://serverfault.com/questions/397396/php-ini-date-timezone-usefulness

PHP scripts and PHP itself will use Pacific Time, but everything else (including Apache and MySQL) will use the system defined timezone.

UPDATE: In the end I was able to change the default timezone of the script I was running by including the function within the script (php.ini was the script I modified):

<?php date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York"); ?>

Then for the first time the php.ini file indeed indicated: Default timezone America/New_York though the local and master values have never changed throughout this entire adventure.

But what I am curious to know, is if <?php date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York"); ?> added as the first line to the Ultimate Facebook plugin coding change this phenomenon and fixes it?

Can anyone else confirm this?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adrian_anderson and edihtors,

I admit I have tried every thing I could think of to resolve the time issue to no avail.

I will ping the lead developer @Vladislav once again to see what his advice/advise for us could be regarding this time issue.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adrian_anderson,

Thank you for letting us know and I am touching base with you to let you now that we have not forgotten about you nor the issue you are experiencing.

I will go ahead and send another flag to the lead developer @Vladislav to see if he has any other ideas on how to resolve this.

Thank you for your demonstrated patience.

Cheers, Joe

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hey

We're just doing a little housekeeping and I see here that there have been several updates to this plugin since this was posted, one of which addresses Event limiting.

I'm going to mark this as resolved, but if the latest version doesn't fix this, please re-post and we can address it again.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hey

We're just doing a little housekeeping and I see here that there have been several updates to this plugin since this was posted, one of which addresses Event limiting.

I'm going to mark this as resolved, but if the latest version doesn't fix this, please re-post and we can address it again.

Cheers,
    Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.