Ultimate Facebook Extended Permissions

The first problem is that when I tried to sign in with Facebook extended permissions, my fan page allow came up with all of the proper information. I clicked allow and then there was an error on the facebook side. Now when I click to allow permissions, nothing happens and it’s not connected. Please help.

– Chelsea

http://www.freemania.net

If you want dev site details, please let me know.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi chelzcer and welcome to the forums!

To help us get started with this, could you let us know what error it was you received? Perhaps if you could provide a screenshot of the error message?

Also, have you checked that your Facebook app itself is setup properly?

Lastly, could you let us know which version of WordPress and Ultimate Facebook you’re using? And if you’re using BuddyPress, which version?

Cheers,

David

• chelzcer
    • Flash Drive

Hi David,

I’m using all of the most recent versions. And it worked to connect to Facebook at first. The error was something like, “Facebook had an error. Please try back later.” Now, when I try to connect the app, it looks like it’s trying to do something and then nothing happens.

I will make sure all of the credentials are correct on Facebook, but I think the issue is deeper than that. You might have to take a look at it.

– Chelsea

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Chelsea,

When the app is configured properly, you shouldn’t see any error messages first off. Also, the plugin’s features should work fine with that setup right.

I don’t recall seeing that particular error message you mentioned though. Could you maybe copy and paste in here the exact error message you’re seeing? Or perhaps attach a screenshot of the error?

Thanks,

David

• chelzcer
    • Flash Drive

It’s not an error. It just tries to connect to Facebook and can’t for some reason. There’s no way to show you a screenshot since it happens so fast. When I click connect extended permissions, the screen flashes and then nothing.

Do you know of any plugin conflicts? All of the Facebook info is correct as are the versions were using.

• chelzcer
    • Flash Drive

Ok David. So here's the scoop. The extended permissions appear to 'sort of' be working.

I have some questions and feedback for you:

1.) When you click allow on facebook for extended permissions, the screen just lags and there is no real way to know what you've been successful

2.) I seem to only be able to post as a person, not as a page. Is it possible for me to login as a page and post to a page? I want posts to show they they were written by Free Mania, not by me as far less people will see the post if it's a page post done by an individual vs a page post done by a page.

3.) If I have multiple bloggers in BuddyPress, will they all be able to post directly to Facebook or is that limited to just one person? I seem to have to be logged into Facebook exactly the right way for this thing to work in the first place.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay in responding here.

The behaviour you’re experiencing suggests you haven’t entered your web site address correctly in your Facebook application. Can you double check that by following the instructions for creating your Facebook app please?

Thanks!

Phil

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi chelzcer,

What you’re experience is strange indeed, but given what you said about the auto-post, it seems that part of it at least is working.

You should be able to easily post as page, you simply select the user you’d like to post as, either in the individual post or in the main settings page.

And currently, other bloggers on your site wouldn’t be able to post as themselves, but their posts should post as you’ve specified in the settings.

Cheers,

David

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hi chelzcer,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Cheers, James

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.