Ultimate Facebook - FB App wants credit card or cell number?

I just downloaded the Ultimate Facebook Plugin for a test site and when following the instructions on setting up the app I get a popup requiring a credit card or cell phone number. What the heck is that?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@Dean Kaus

Hi Dean!

Great to see you on the Community. Hope you're doing well and your health is better.

I believe Facebook is constantly changing their policies. However, this is the first time that I see this. Let me ping the Developer @VeBailovity to see if he knows about this.

Talk soon.

Gina

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

In order to create an app, Facebook requires you to "verify" your account and identity, by giving it your phone or credit card number. I personally entirely disagree with this practice and consider it prying and intrusive, to say the least. But, that's what Facebook requires in order to let you create an app.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Thank you Ve [@VeBailovity] for your input. Appreciate it.

So Dean [@Dean Kaus], as you can see, this is something unavoidable, unfortunately. I agree with Ve that it's prying and intrusive, but this is their policy.

Sorry I couldn't give you a positive outcome on this one :slight_smile:

I will resolve this topic, but if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reopen it.

Gina

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks @Staff VeBailovity and @Gina B sorry I didn't reply sooner, been a rough week. I appreciate your input and realize that it's actually better this way as If someone creates an app that could be harmful to otheres it may be easier to track them down. Thanks again for your input.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.