Ultimate Facebook Grant extended Permissions

Hi,

I just network enabled the UFB plugin. I did not configure it on the network screen as I want each client to be able to use the UFB plugin for their own sites.

I set up the Facebook API and it connected just fine. When I Granted Extended permissions I was prompted to login to Facebook and then selected Allow.

However, UFB does not seem to recongize that it has extended permissions. Now when I try to Grant extended permissions, I get a blank screen and then get put back on the Facebook API screen. I think this is because I've already logged into Facebook and granted Permissions. Here are some screen shots.

Any ideas?

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

The Applicaiton API section said it was successful, so I expected the Granting Extended Permissions to say it was successful too.

While I have not enabled autoposting, I did check to see that I can't manually post. Sorry, this is something I should have mentioned.

Kind Regards,
    Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

So I enabled AutoPosting.
    (1) Why is "On this user: Me" the only option for where to Autopost? There were more options for a manual post.

UFB should be publishing to the API I provided, which is a Fanpage w/o a Wall. At least not a Wall like the one on my personal Facebook. Maybe is a Fanpage a Wall. I'm confused.

But I got no error when I publish the test post.
    http://psychotherapy-network.com/uncategorized/test-post/

(2) So did it get posted?
    My hope is to get it published on this fanpage:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psychotherapy-Network/327415443970033

It did not get posted to my personal wall, not that I want to see it there. I created the fanpage for this website on my personal Facebook account and that is where I want to Post or Autopost.

(I hear that some people create seperate Facebook accounts for business use. Maybe some would like to weigh in on the legitimacy of doing this.)

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

Not sure what more I can add to this, but I'd be happy answer any addititional questions.

I'm not a Facebook expert. I'm not clear how my fanpage & App are tied together. I have provided App ID and App Secret code to the UFB plugin, yet I want to post to the fanpage. How is this supposed to work?

Regards,
    Larry

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

Thank you for your feedback and your patience, it is greatly appreciated.

At this point I think it is time that we get the advice/advise of our lead developer of the Ultimate Facebook plugin in here if I can to help figure out what is going on here - perhaps see something that I am missing.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I am hoping to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

The thing to note is that, like your App, your permissions are stored and handled by Facebook - the plugin can only check what's there and facilitate you granting them to your app. Having said that, it is possible that you haven't grant the "offline_access" permission because the offline_access deprecation migration is allowed for your app. To make sure this is solved, please check "Advanced settings" for your Facebook App, and make sure that "Deprecate offline_access" migration is not enabled, then re-grant your extended permissions in the plugin settings.

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

Now I can post to my fanpage, & Me Wall. What about the APP, does UFB plugin help me use it?

I enabled comments. I thought the comments to a post could then me made on Fanpage and the WP post. I can publish commentes to my Wall, bit not my fanpage. My Fanpage comments are not published on my WP post.

Next I will work on the Facebook login. Mostly, I just want to be sure my BP fields, TOS and Site Pro join up form stuff gets filled out.

Larry

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

Thank you for the update and letting us know of your successes, it is great to hear.

What about the APP, does UFB plugin help me use it?

On the contrary the APP allows you to use UFB with Facebook, not the opposite way around from the way I understand things. UFB cannot modify the APP, it can just use it, therefore it cannot help manage the APP.

Cheers, Joe

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

BTW, thanks VeBailovity! I don't think I would have ever fixed this on my own.

My only point is that a Facebook APP can appear on the fanpage. The "Welcome" app on this fanpage:
    http://www.facebook.com/MyWoodcraft

is a test WP site: http://www.facebook.com/MyWoodcraft/app_373259239360196

Note: this a different site from the one on which I have UFB activated.

I think the UFB plugin will be easier for my clients to use than such a WP APP so that my clients will want to use UFB for their business fanpages.

But if I can work out the conflicts, I might like such a WP APP on the fanpage for my main BP websites. I'm just not sure that such a WP APP is worth the effort now that the default landing page is no longer a Facebook setting for fanpages. I think it would make a nice FB ad. It would be much nicer if UFB plugin did all this for me. Maybe VeBailovity can speak to this idea. Currently, I can't activate UFB on this site because of the conflicts.

Regards,
    Larry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.