Ultimate Facebook – Grant extended permissions do not display

Hello,

I am having some issues with either the "Ultimate Facebook" plugin or Facebook itself. The main issue, at the moment, is that the "Grant extended permissions" option in the "Ultimate Facebook" plugin does not display anything, just a Facebook loading image. I tried changing themes also as I have seen that suggested in other threads. I figured it could not hurt.

I have attached a number of screenshots.

Screenshot 1 is the "Ultimate Facebook" Facebook API option which shows that the plugin successfully connected to my Facebook app.

Screenshot 2 is the "Ultimate Facebook" Grant extended permissions option with the Facebook loading image. Nothing is ever displayed here other then what you see.

Screenshot 3 is an error I get when trying to sign up as a new user using the "Register with Facebook" button through the "Ultimate Facebook" application.

Screenshot 4 is the information regarding my Facebook app and this is where I could be having problems.

Do I need to be using "Cloud Services"? I was basically forced to when creating the app. Facebook is so not user friendly.

I anyone sees anything wrong here please let me know. I really need to get this working. Also, where is the documentation for the "Ultimate Facebook" plugin? I am guessing at some of the setup options and that could in itself cause issues.

Thanks!

Rhek

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rhek,

In reviewing the submitted screen shots it appears that one of the steps is missing, in the last screen shot it does not indicate the App Domain.

A screen shot of the My Google+ page ID and My Google+ profile ID are not provided but is not necessary to provide a screen shot, but make sure they both have identical code.

Please review the above information and this does not resolve your problem by reopening this ticket below marking it as not resolved. Also please indicate if there are any new symptoms or errors.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rhek,

I apologize for the confusion, it is on me – I was thinking Google +1 for some bizarre reason and sincerely apologize for my malfunction on that one – I think the API's sent me into a tail spin.

Revisiting the Ultimate Facebook configuration and trying to grant extended permissions, while still logged into Facebook with browser in separate tab, I get a pop up. Graphic below.

And you do not get this?

Cheers, Joe?

• Tien
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi,

That is the problem. I do not see that dialog. I have 3 tabs open. 1 is to my personal facebook page, 1 is to the app page, and 1 is open to the Ultimate Facebook plugin page trying to open that dialog.

I thought maybe I did something wrong, but the Facebook API option in the plugin says I ‘Successfully Connected”.

Do you know of any documentation for this plugin?

Thanks,

Rhek

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rhek,

I have 3 tabs open. 1 is to my personal facebook page, 1 is to the app page, and 1 is open to the Ultimate Facebook plugin page trying to open that dialog.

And you are logged into Facebook too?

Do you have any Pop Up blockers not allowing this pop up window to display?

Do not worry rhek, I am confident we will work through this together and get this issue sorted out.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rhek,

What I will do is ask the lead developer of Ultimate Facebook plugin if they can see or know of any specific issues that could be causing the grant extended permissions window to not display.

Of course this can take a bit longer than a regular support ticket – so if you could post any progress you have trying to debug the problem here too in the meantime that would really help.

Looking forward to sorting out your issue for you and thanks again for being a WPMU DEV member.

• Tien

Hello,

After hours and hours of research, this is still is not working. It looks like I originally setup the Facebook app incorrect so I made some changes. The screenshot below reflects those changes.

I have 2 days researching this problem and I have been pulling my hair out. Please let me know if you have a resolution to this before I am bald! I can't get this plugin working until I get past this issue.

Thanks,

Rhek

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I think I see the issue here. It seems to be an issue with the url use on the Facebook App.

Please see the screenshots for example.

Note what the plugin tells you to use, and then look at what was entered.

This was an issue on a site I just took a much closer look at. It was also the same issue another site I took a closer look at the other day.

If this doesn’t fix it then please let me know.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Excellent news, I’ll get this one checked as resolved now. :slight_smile:

I’m planning on reviewing the documents on this plugin soon and will be doing a rewrite. I hope to make minor points like this more clear and with more extensive screenshots. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• websww
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

same issue here. Set up one app, deleted it, set up a second app and the grant permissions pop-up does not show. Even with the steps suggested above. Also, Facebook Moderation view does not show up, and there’s no way to moderate comments … why?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings websww

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with Ultimate Facebook plugin.

Please create your own ticket so that we can follow the established troubleshooting protocol and to specifically identify the issues related to your Ultimate Facebook problem and WordPress install.

Cheers, Joe

• jjsararas

I’m having this issue – have tried multiple combinations, including what the install steps instructed (no ‘www’ on App domain) as well as Timothy’s instructions above (include ‘www.’:wink:. Still no pop-up appears.

Thanks folks!

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello @jjsararas,

Your issue could very likely be separate from the one in this thread (which, of course, doesn’t make it any less of a problem) – can you please apply the attached update and see if it helps? Also, please make sure you configured your app in the way @timothy described in great detail, just so we’re sure the issue isn’t there.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.