Ultimate Facebook has stopped posting to my blog's FB page

I have a problem which some others here seem to have had... Ultimate Facebook seems to have stopped autoposting to my site's app page, and is instead posting to my personal timeline. I'm not sure why. In trying to fix it, the Ultimate Facebook settings has this line showing:
"Please, enter correct Facebook API settings and make sure Facebook app is public".
As far as I'm aware nothing has changed with my API settings, but whenever I save the settings in UF, it keeps asking me to enter the correct settings. One person had this problem and was told to disable caching which I've done but to no avail. Any help much appreciated.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Gillis,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

When you go to:

Facebook > Autopost to Facebook > Then down to the mapping section. Are your posts still mapped to your page instead of personal account?

Is the app still public when you visit it on Facebook?

If it is, then next I would create a brand new app and link that one instead :slight_smile: let us know if that works.

If still no luck, then grant us support access and we'll take a closer look.

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back Gillis!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. is there anything in your Facebook > Error log? That is in your WordPress admin.

• gillis

Actually I can't get as far as checking the Autopost to Facebook settings, because I can't get the Facebook API settings sections to remove the "Please, enter correct Facebook API settings and make sure Facebook app is public" which it needs to do before the other sections can be opened.

I may need to create a new app - but the world of FB at this point confuses me... Creating a new app will keep the people who have Liked my site before will it?? Kind of crucial that it does. In any case I've granted you access if you do get chance to have a look.

PS. There are a number of old errors in the log, but only one recent one (which has come later than the actual problem) saying "Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password." I'm not sure which password this is referring to!

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, gillis!

Are you able to view your app from Facebook itself?

Creating a new app should keep the current likes for your FB page, essentially all the app does is make the connection, it doesn't store data, so your previous likes/comments should stay right where they are. To be safe (FB can be a maze to navigate on the API side), I'd avoid deleting that app until you're sure the new app is working like you want.

Support access has expired, as well, would you mind re-activating it if creating a new app doesn't solve the issue?

Thanks, gillis!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.