Ultimate facebook - Import comments

I post my WordPress blogs on my personal Facebook page as well my business/blog Facebook page. Fans comment on the posts on both my personal and business Facebook pages. The Ultimate Facebook plugin is importing the comments from the business Facebook page to the WordPress posts. What do I need to do (settings/configuration) to have fans' comments from my personal Facebook page also imported to my WordPress post ?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Peter,

Hope you're doing well today! Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community.

Posts/pages can only be linked with 1 fb page at a time, I believe this is actually a restriction in the FB API so out of our control - but I'm still going to mark it as a feature request just in-case so our developer can look into it :slight_smile:

You are wanting to have a post auto-posted to two fb pages so you can import comments from both of them into your post right? Keep the conversation all together.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Peter

Hi Tyler
    Thanks for your reply.
    I would like to do to things. First I would like to have my wordpress posts autopost to my business page and my personal profile. I currently have the settings like this:

Map WordPress types to Facebook locations

Autopost Posts to Facebook wall of this user: Dress Me GC (which is my wordpress blog)
    Autopost Pages to Facebook wall of this user: Me (then my id number appears)

But when I publish a post on wordpress it is only presently autoposting to my business page. It is not autoposting to my personal profile as well. What am I doing wrong?

Second, when the wordpress posts are posted to both my business page and personal profile, friends and fans comment on both Facbook pages. I would like to have the comments from the business page and personal profile imported to the wordpress blog. Is this possible?
    Thanks for your ongoing help.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the detailed reply :slight_smile:

But when I publish a post on wordpress it is only presently autoposting to my business page. It is not autoposting to my personal profile as well. What am I doing wrong?

So pages aren't being published to your personal profile? Keep in mind with your settings, "Posts" will only go to your business page and "Pages" will only go to your personal page. It's not currently possible to send the same post to 2 different pages.

If your pages aren't going to your personal fb page then do you mind granting support access so I can have a closer look? :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Second, when the wordpress posts are posted to both my business page and personal profile, friends and fans comment on both Facbook pages. I would like to have the comments from the business page and personal profile imported to the wordpress blog. Is this possible?
    Thanks for your ongoing help.

Right now this isn't possible because you can only link a post to 1 FB page at a time. So you can only import comments from 1 fb page.

However, I have marked this as a feature request for you :slight_smile: hopefully some other members show interest in a feature like this too.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Peter,

Thanks for doing that!

Yes, so it looks like you sync posts with your Dress Me FB page. Which means posts will only go to that page.

Then your "pages" are synced to your personal fb, so only your pages will go there. It doesn't look like you've created a page since 2014 which is likely why you aren't seeing any being added to your FB page.

Currently it's not possible to sync the same post or page to 2 separate Facebook pages.

I have added that to the feature requests though :slight_smile:

If you have further questions on this just let me know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Peter

Hi Tyler
    Thanks again for your help. Just one more question about importing comments. Sorry in advance if you have already answered this and I am not getting it.

In the plugin settings there is a section for Facebook Comments. I have checked Import Facebook comments and then below that is a section called "Skip importing comments for these accounts". In that section I left unchecked my personal Facebook page and my business Facebook page.

Does having the settings like this mean that when people comment on Facebook (about my Wordpress post) on either of those 2 Facebook pages - mean that the plugin will import the comments from both Facebook pages and import all the comments (from both Facebook pages) to my Wordpress post? The plugin is presently not doing this.

Or it is the case that the plugin will only import comments from one Facebook page to Wordpress even though the settings are configure as I outlined above?

Thanks again for your ongoing help.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Peter,

Thanks for your patience on this!

Does having the settings like this mean that when people comment on Facebook (about my Wordpress post) on either of those 2 Facebook pages - mean that the plugin will import the comments from both Facebook pages and import all the comments (from both Facebook pages) to my Wordpress post? The plugin is presently not doing this.

Right now you have "pages" being sent to your personal FB and then "posts" being sent to your business FB page. What that setting means, since you have left them both un-checked, is that when a post or page gets sent to your business page or personal page it will import the comments from that FB post. The post is connected to that FB post, so comments on it should be imported to that posts WP comments. It's important to note that the comments will be imported as WP comments and not into the FB comment box.

The import won't be instant, it works on a cron that checks for new comments regularly. You also have the "Import now" link in your Ultimate FB settings you can use to immediately import the comments :slight_smile:

Hope that clears things up, if you still have any further questions just let us know!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Peter

Hi Tyler

Thanks for your reply again.

I changed the settings of the plugin so that my wordpress posts are auto-posted to my personal profile on Facebook (wordpress pages are also set to be auto posted to my personal profile). I also manually post them to my business page. I have been publishing posts on my wordpress site and they have been auto-posting to my personal profile on Facebook. People are then commenting on my personal profile on Facebook about the posts but the comments are not being imported from my personal page to wordpress site or from my wordpress site to my personal page.

In the plugin settings there is a section for Facebook Comments. I have checked Import Facebook comments and then below that is a section called "Skip importing comments for these accounts". In that section I left unchecked my personal Facebook page and my business Facebook page. I would be grateful if you could tell me why the comments are not being imported and if I have the settings wrong (I have clicked on the link that says "Import comments now" and it still doesn't seem to work).

Thanks again

• Tyler Postle

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

People are then commenting on my personal profile on Facebook about the posts but the comments are not being imported from my personal page to wordpress site or from my wordpress site to my personal page.

I can see that the comments are being imported from your business page to your posts. As of a couple days ago at least as seen in this post: http://bit.ly/1KBHHdt (masked the url so this post won't come up in search engine results for it).

That comment there has been imported from your business page by the looks of it. I can see the same comment there.

Comments aren't exported to Facebook. This is a restriction of facebooks API, not our plugin - if the option ever becomes possible then of course we'll add it in :slight_smile:

Would you be able to grant support access? Then I can look at your settings again and see what might be happening with the personal page issue.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Peter,

Thanks for your patience here. I've looked up the profile, and it's definitely odd that Ultimate Facebook is saying it's published to the page, but I'm not seeing it on the personal page linked. You mentioned earlier that this was working and just comments weren't syncing? Have the posts that synced over to the profile been removed?

I can't tell if extended permissions have been granted as I'm not logged into the Facebook account that is linked. It sounds like they are granted but just to make sure can you double check :slight_smile:

Once I can see the post on Facebook then I can further troubleshoot this. All your settings look to be correct.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.