Ultimate Facebook Is Not Working post_on_facebook exception (#200) & Potentially Corrupting Data

Hi,

I am really struggling with this now and although Jack WPMU Dev has tried to help, he seems to have disappeared. I also thought there may be other users having the same issues.

1. Ultimate Facebook gets an error back from FB:-

post_on_facebook exception (#200) The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this action.

This occurs when trying use the auto post feature, one of the main reasons why I want the plugin and btw the plugin was one the main reasons I paid to use WPMU Dev as a gold premium member.

Jack informed me this morning that 5 days ago FB changed the rules of engagement and the Auto Post feature in Ultimate Facebook will no longer work unless you have your Facebook app approved by Facebook.

I have done a little more digging and it appears to me that the only way Facebook will allow a 3rd party application to publish to Facebook is if your blog/website users have logged in using the Facebook login. So the Ultimate Facebook plugin is not going to function even if you have your app approved by Facebook.

I would like someone to tell me precisely how you get your app approved. There are so many variables in the application process that need a detailed understanding of what permissions the Ultimate Facebook plugin requires to function. You cannot just select them all as if Facebook realises your app does not need the permissions to function you app will not be approved.

Suggestion.
WPMU DEV create the app. They get it approved and then make it available to Ultimate Facebook plugin users via the Facebook app centre.

2. My installation of Ultimate Facebook has now lost the Facebook login and registration functions. They are no longer visible. This is what leads me to thinking something is getting corrupted in the database.

I had to do a total multisite re-install last week as my whole network became unavailable. I could not login to any of my sites. Ultimate Facebook was listed in the error message. This started with one site and then cascaded through the network.

3. I have been very cautious as I have set up my new multisite install and kept backups of each successful change. I recommend doing this, to be fair that's what WPMU DEV recommends if you get into their fantastic manuals and videos. I know this must be a great company but the support experience has been desperately bad for me so far.

4. There seems to be a memory issue caused by some of these problems as I had a number of max 1MB/s on the Input/output usage graph in my cPanel post the total failure of my network.

Anyway to help others I will continue:-

My multisite set up is as follows:-

WP multisite 3.9.1

I have installed wpmudev plugins:
WPMU DEV Dashboard - network activated
Domain Mapping - network activated
Ultimate Facebook (Site by site)
Google Maps (Site by site)

Other Plugins:
WordPress Importer - network activated

I have 13 sites including the primary site http://www.ichrisj.org

http://attheskincompanycomichrisj.org - mapped to -
at-theskincompany.com is active on customizrChild theme.

http://indiagabriellecom.ichrisj.org - mapped to - indiagabrielle. comis active on spacious-proChild theme.

http://thecrathornearmscouk.ichrisj.org - mapped to - thecrathornearms.co.uk is active on spacious-proChild theme.

http://drrachaelcoatescom.ichrisj.org - mapped to - drrachaelcoates.com is active on customizrChild theme.

The other 9 sites have not been edited and are on the 2014 WP theme

Themes
Active: responsive
Active: responsiveChild
Active: customizr
Active: customizrChild
Active: spacious-pro
Active: spacious-proChild

None Active
Asteria Lite
Magazine
Regalway
SimpleMarket
Tonal
Twenty Thirteen
Twenty Twelve

In the absence of any support for the last 8 hours I am about to reinstall my network from a backup. I will let you know what happens when I reinstall the Ultimate Facebook plugin. In the mean time if anyone has experienced similar issues it would be good to hear how you have resolved the issue or if you have noticed any other related issues.

Cheers
Chris Johnson
An increasingly dissatisfied WPMU DEV customer who is desperate to be reassured that WPMU DEV is a great company with great products.

• Vaughan

Hi @chris,

Have you granted extended permissions in the permissions & tokens section of UFB? Can you try refreshing the user token.

Your users/blog admins will need to create their own apps if they want it to autopost to their own wall. They can't share your app details API settings if they want it to post on their wn walls. This is especially important when using mapped domains.

Can you take a screenshot of your autopost setting, & possibly grant support access in Network Dashboard > wpmudev > support > support access.

Thanks

• Chris

Hi Vaughan,

Yes I have. However, I think you maybe a little behind the curve here.

5 days ago Facebook changed their api settings.

All 3rd party applications now have to be formally approved by Facebook in order to post to Facebook. However, from reading the Facebook app instructions in detail even if your app is approved any blog/website user will have to have logged into your site/blog using Facebook. So I don't think the Ultimate Facebook app is ever going to function exactly how it did.

Have a read of my first post on this in a little more detail. I think it's going to be a major issue for the Ultimate Facebook plugin.

The other problem the Facebook single click registration and login has gone. I am just about to return my network to a backup made just before I installed the plugin. Will report back in a few minutes.

• Chris

Installed Ultimate Facebook plugin. Did not network activate.

Went to Plugins on http://www.indiagabrielle. com and activated the plugin.

Went to face book settings and entered the FB API Key And Secret from FB App for this site/domain.

Got the confirmation 'Successfully connected to iNDIAGab' iNDIAGab is the app name.

Went to Permission and Tokens and clicked 'Grant extended permissions'

I was logged into the relevant Facebook account. Was not connected to FB, a page appears to open and then disappear.

6 small blue icons a circle with an i in the middle appear at the bottom left of the menu. Clicked one of them please see attached file. They all say Checking this will allow users to ----

The Facebook Connect Interface has disappeared from the menu selection please attached file.

This is a pretty serious problem that may lead me to have to ask for my money back. I really don't want my money back I want this to work but I have been on this for 7 days and have had virtually no support apart from being told this morning that the Plugin is not working because of Facebook.

It would be much appreciated if someone could get serious about solving this.

Jack is the only member of staff that has done anything but he seems to have gone quiet on the issue.

• Vaughan

Hi @chris,

Can you try uninstalling and reactivating the plugin. Also switch to the default twentyfourteen theme and see if the issue with the corruption clears.

As for posting, @Jack Kitterhing is correct. Until the FB app has been approved by Facebook, auto posting will not work at all. Currently no staff have been able to get an app approved by facebook, until we can, we are at the mercy of facebook.

Hope this helps

• Chris

Hi @Vaughan, I have reverted to my last backup and then set the 2014 theme at http://indiagabrielle.com.

At WPUM DEV dashboard installed the Ultimate Facebook plugin for the first time. I did not network activate.

Went to indiagabrielle.com dashboard and activated Ultimate Facebook.

Went to Ultimate Facebook settings.

Entered FB API and Secret.

Received confirmation 'Successfully connected to iNDIAGab'

Went to permissions and tokens and clicked 'Grant extended permissions'

Page seems to open but disappears.

However, Facebook Connect still visible.

Set parameters in Facebook connect.

Logged out and then used Facebook login. New user created and logged in

Exactly the same problem occurred.

Facebook Connect disappears, comments does not work and of course auto posting does not work.

Can I grant you permission for you to access the site under WPMUDEV support access tab?

Clearly there must be something wrong with my install.

• Vaughan

Hi @chris,

I have never used that plugin, so I can't honestly say what are the differences other than that plugin is developed by facebook themselves (which makes me wonder why their app gets approval).

I'm going to ask our developer for more feedback on this because, these issues are really starting to increase, and I don't see it getting any easier until this issue is resolved 1 way or another. It's not only frustrating for users like yourself, but is also frustrating for our support team too, who are all trying to figure out how to get this resolved & to get the app approved.

Hopefully the developer might be able to find a solution somehow.

Thanks

• Chris

Hi Vaughan,

I have now completed the submit for review process for the app. It is a long and tedious process and I not sure that I have done it all correctly. In the absence of any WPMU DEV staff coming back to me with an answer as to exactly what permissions are required for the Ultimate Facebook plugin to work, I have had to read a s**t load of info on FB. The key extra seems to be 'publish_actions' which provides access to publish feed posts, Open Graph stories, achievements, scores and other activity detailed in Publishing Permissions.

I hope that's all that is required.

I am not sure, but if it is approved it looks like you are able to share it with anyone, which of course being a good spirited and GOLD PREMIUM member of the WPMU DEV community I will be happy to do so. Not sure why I remain good spirited as the service/support I have had to date is shockingly bad.

Maybe its something to do with vast potential that the WPMU DEV product range offers. I hope to f*** I am not being conned.

Anyway that's only part of the problem. The Ultimate Facebook plugin on my setup has some serious issues that I have already detailed in this thread. I would like a member WPMU DEV staff to help me. One of your colleagues Jack offered to get stuck in and I provided an ftp account login and full super user access to the site. That seems like a good plan to me. Where are you Jack?? Did I offend you or something?

Jack said WPMU DEV had just installed a new support system for staff that would make support, well support. Is that true. It feels like I'm just writing to my self.

Please can someone get back to me. I am quite happy to provide ftp access etc.

• Chris

Once again support has totally disappeared. Where are you Jack, you have all my credentials to log into everything and need to do more work on my network. As I said yesterday I need to do a backup if the whole network and was hoping that you were going to come back and confirm the database appeared to be correctly set up and not corrupt. If there's a problem I want sort now not after boat load more work has been done only to find that I loose it all. Also its not a good idea for to people to be working in the core of the install at the same time.

It's now been 10 days that issue has been running has anyone at WPMU DEV taken ownership of this. Some of your users will have a lot very upset customers right now. It really does need a team working 24/7 to get it sorted.

Please please can someone get back to me on this I cannot be the only person with this problem

• Chris

Hi Ez,

Unfortunately that was then and this is now. I had it working but not as it should. I got auto posting to work in the following circumstances. You had to be logged in as the owner/admin of the Facebook page and you had to be a named developer on the app.

However, that has stopped working now.

wpmudev seem to have abandoned the issue. Have to say so far the support service has been the worst I have ever experienced from a web company.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Ez,

I'll respond to your thread in a minute :slight_smile:

Hi @Chris,

Not sure what makes you think we've abandoned this? It's quite simply extremely confusing, you now have posted in five different threads, please keep everything to this thread.

If you want to try help someone else out having the issue, that's great, but if you are still having issues and have any additional information then please post in this thread.

On email on May the 16th I responded and said

As far as the disappearing interface, me and the developer couldn't replicate that, we located all the options as there should be under the database tables for blog ID 7, they all start with wdfb :slight_smile:

Specifically they are

wdfb_api
    wdfb_autopost
    wdfb_button
    wdfb_comments
    wdfb_connect
    wdfb_error_log
    wdfb_notice_log
    wdfb_widget_pack

I'm still awaiting to be added as developer to the app so I can take a look, as posted here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/facebook-api-changes-creating-your-apps are the instructions for submitting the app for review, any issues with that please let me know.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi again @Chris,

Posting your details from the other thread, so we an keep this in one place.

iCj WPMUN Dev FB App

Primary Language: English (Uk)

Short Description: Allows you to use WPMUDev Ultimate Facebook plugin correctly.

Publisher: iWEB365 Limited

Category: Apps for pages

Tagline: Post from your blog directly to Facebook

Long Description: Allows you to post directly from your blog to your Facebook account or pages. Enables Facebook login/register on your blog.

Explanation for Permissions: Permissions are required to allow the app to post to your FB Account, for login/register with FB account, comments, likes and shares.

Privacy Policy URL: http://ichrisj.org/privacy

User Support Email: chris@ichrisj.org

Marketing URL: http://ichrisj.org/iCj-WPMUN-Dev-FB App

Terms of Service URL: http://ichrisj.org/terms

User Support URL: http://ichrisj.org/contact

App Page: None

App Centre Permissions Tab

Default Activity Privacy: None (User default)

Auth Token Parameter: Query String (?code=…)

App Center Permissions (Inside ACP Tab):-

read_stream (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    rsvp_events (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    email (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    manage_pages (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_birthday (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_location (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_likes (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_events (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_photos (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_about_me (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)

Is that a complete list of required permission? If not can WPMUDev provide a list of further permissions needed along with the explanation/s as to why the permission/s is required?

I have a meeting with the developer this afternoon (3:00PM our time).

I'll see if I can get some answers for some of them, perhaps some text that we can always use :slight_smile:

I would though say, to not require these permissions

manage_pages (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_birthday (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_location (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_likes (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_events (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_photos (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)
    user_about_me (Can WPMUDev provide the explanation as to why this permission is required?)

If you only want to auto post, you only need the default permission set which is allowed out of the box with no review and publish_actions :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Chris

I have noticed a number of people end up opening new threads or joining other active threads as there is an initial flourish of activity when you open a thread and then nothing, not even quick answers to the incredibly simple questions I asked 3 hours ago:-

1. Have you got your app approved by Facebook? Has anyone got their app approved at wpmudev?

2. I am just trying to add you as developer to http://www.thecrathornearms.co.uk Facebook page. whats your FB id number as your name is not working.

3. Do you still have access to my network and cPanel?

I think you will find this why new customers move threads.

Take a look at the attached pic, it shows the permissions the UF plugin requests.

Cheers
    Chris

• Chris

@Jack Kitterhing @Vaughan

Hi Chaps, I have been waiting all day for some kind of answers from you guys. Jack you said I should do everything from this thread. Well it is not very effective as nobody replies. At least in the other threads I contributed to there was some kind of response.

I have now deleted the UF plugin and removed all the database tables relating to the plugin. I will try a new clean install of the latest UP plugin.

Can you let me know if intend to provide me with support or not. A yes or no will do?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Chris,

I’ve spent the last couple of hours, getting together some documentation on this. It’s also extremely important that you use 2.7 of Ultimate Facebook.

In Ultimate Facebook > settings > permissions and tokens, choose use action over streams and check “use minimal possible permissions”.

I’ve attached screenshots of everything that is required and have included a privacy-policy, which of course would need tweaking to your exact requirements.

First of all in the Facebook developer centre, click > Add items to this submission.

Choose Publish_actions and manage_pages only, do not choose any other options.

On publish_actions, click “View / edit notes” where it says “Please explain how you are using publish_actions to enhance a person's in-app experience.”

Enter “Publish_actions is used so that a editor or author on the site, can auto post there posts to their own Facebook wall or page they admin. Or the sites Facebook Page”

Under that where it says “Please provide step-by-step instructions so our review team can reproduce how you are using publish_actions in your app.”

Enter “Step 1: Login with the username ex and password ex at yourdomain.com/wp-login.php
    Step 2: Go to posts > add new, write a post and click "Publish"
    Step 3: You'll now see the published post on the Facebook wall of the sites Facebook page.”

On manage_pages click “View / edit notes” where it says “Please explain how you are using manage_pages to enhance a person's in-app experience.”

Enter “Manage pages is used so we can post as a page. “

Under where it says “Please provide step-by-step instructions so our review team can reproduce how you are using manage_pages in your app.”

Enter “Step 1: Login to yourdomain.com/wp-login.php (if you get a cookie issue, re-login).

Use the following credentials which are for a admin account.

Username: ex
    Password: ex

Step 2: Click pages > add new.

Step 3: Publish the new page.

Further down from that make sure you have added four screenshots, these should be of how the app uses, I have gone with the permissions and adding new post/pages. (screenshots attached)

Now click “App details”

Here you need to fill in the long description, I have gone with “This app allows you to auto post to Facebook using the coding-monkey.com/mem website”

You only need to enter a privacy policy URL, none of the others need to be added.

Don’t click configure app centre permissions, our plugin doesn’t use that.

Change the “website” toggle to “Yes”.

Add your app icon, it must be 1024 x 1024, it can’t be anything else.

Now you should be able to submit your app for review, and hopefully this is approved.

I’m awaiting a acceptance or decline notice, no one else on our team has had a app approved yet, but this is the first time we have all tried with these instructions and we’re awaiting confirmation either way.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Chris

Hey Jack, OK thanks for this.

While you have been busy I have now deleted the UF plugin and removed all the database tables relating to the plugin. I have done a clean install and activated on my first site ichrisj.org.

I have screen grabbed every step alway to making my first post which did publish to FB. I have already noticed some very big changes on behaviour which leads me to believe there is an issue with old database tables and the 2.7 version. I am finished for the day but will get back to tomorrow.

Looks like you have done a good job on your instruction set:slight_smile:

Cheers
    Chris

• Chris

Hey Jack, OK thanks for this.

While you have been busy I have now deleted the UF plugin and removed all the database tables relating to the plugin. I have done a clean install and activated on my first site ichrisj.org.

I have screen grabbed every step alway to making my first post which did publish to FB. I have already noticed some very big changes on behaviour which leads me to believe there is an issue with old database tables and the 2.7 version. I am finished for the day but will get back to tomorrow.

Looks like you have done a good job on your instruction set:slight_smile:

Cheers
    Chris

• Christine, GeckoGullyWebSites.com

I submitted my app for approval by Facebook. I gave a lot of detail about exactly what I wanted to do, referring to the plugin (giving a link) and lots more besides.

Here is Facebook's response:

---------------

General You do not need to request these permissions because your blog or CMS is integrated with an app that you admin. As an App admin, you can already access these permissions and post to your Timeline or a page you admin. You can provide access to additional users by adding them as developers of your App.

The following items were not reviewed due to general issues with your app:
    App Details - English (UK)
    publish_actions

--------------

So I don't know what to do next.

• Chris

@Christine, GeckoGullyWebSites.com , That is exactly the response I had to my first application for approval.

@Jack Kitterhing (Hi Jack, just had this back from Facebook thought it help in building a picture of what works and what does not, seems like in was only my images that lead to non approval.)

However, I have now had a second response which is different:-

Unapproved

Please view additional feedback for the following locales:
    English (UK)

Banners
    Include the name of your app on all banner images in a prominent way. See more details here

Screenshots
    Remove screenshots that are not relevant to your submission and do not enhance the user experience of App Center. See more details here.

@Christine, GeckoGullyWebSites.com Jack has posted an instruction set above which he and the developer of Ultimate Facebook Plugin have worked on yesterday. You should resubmit with that info and consider the response I had re the banner and screen shot images.

@Jack @Vaughan @Christine, GeckoGullyWebSites.com @Ez I'm new to DPMUDEV so I don't what all your protocols are and have been told to stick to one thread, but I would make the following suggestion:-

As we all have the same problem right now, should we use this thread to share all the info we gather on getting UF Facebook app approved? We already have quite a bit.

@Christine, GeckoGullyWebSites.com the copy below is the record of the request I made to Facebook for app approval which resulted in the 'Unapproved Status along with the advisory notes'

iCj WPMUN Dev FB App

Primary Language: English (Uk)

Short Description: Allows you to use WPMUDev Ultimate Facebook plugin correctly.

Publisher: iWEB365 Limited

Category: Apps for pages

Tagline: Post from your blog directly to Facebook

Long Description: Allows you to post directly from your blog to your Facebook account or pages. Enables Facebook login/register on your blog.

Explanation for Permissions: Permissions are required to allow the app to post to your FB Account, for login/register with FB account, comments, likes and shares.

Privacy Policy URL: http://ichrisj.org/privacy

User Support Email: chris@ichrisj.org

Marketing URL: http://ichrisj.org/iCj-WPMUN-Dev-FB App

Terms of Service URL: http://ichrisj.org/terms

User Support URL: http://ichrisj.org/contact

App Page: None

App Centre Permissions Tab

Default Activity Privacy: None (User default)

Auth Token Parameter: Query String (?code=…)

App Center Permissions (Inside ACP Tab):-

read_stream
    rsvp_events
    email
    manage_pages
    user_birthday
    user_location
    user_likes
    user_events
    user_photos
    user_about_me

Review Instructions

1. Go to http://www.ichrisj.org/wp-login.php
    2. login using the name: icjfacetest. (This was name of the test user account I created under the 'Rolls' tab 'Test Users' tab on the app page on Facebook.)
    3. Password: *********
    4. In the dashboard at the top click 'New' and select post.
    5. Fill in a title and some copy.
    6. Click publish.
    7. Thats it the post should be published to the sites blog and the sites Facebook page.

In summary the app needs to allow the site/blog owner and any admins or editors to have their posts automatically published to their Facebook account page or page/s (The sites page/s on Facebook) they are admin to on Facebook.

The app will also allow comments to made on posts which will be sent to the Facebook page and comments made on the Facebook page will be imported to the post on the site. It will also possible for site users to like and share posts on the site.

The app also allows users to register/login using their Facebook accounts.

I have attached the screen shots and images I used so you can see the issues that Facebook raised which is as far as I can the only reason why the app was not approved. The images have been rescaled to allow upload here. They were all at the specified sizes.

• Chris

What the images were upload for and their sizes as submitted to Facebook:_

Image 1 - App Icon 1024px * 1024px
    Image 2 - Banner 1200px * 627px
    Image 3 - (To the right of 2.) Web Banner 155px *100px
    Image 4 - Cover Image 800px * 150px
    Image 5 - Screen Shot 600px * 600px
    Image 6 - Screen Shot 600px * 600px
    Image 7 - Screen Shot 600px * 600px
    Image 8 - Screen Shot 600px * 600px
    Image 9 - Screen Shot 600px * 600px

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Christine, GeckoGullyWebSites.com and @Chris,

Hope you're both well today, Christine was that following the app submission instructions? :slight_smile:

@Chris, thanks for sharing that additional information, interesting, so this time they only refused based on the images?

Have you re-submitted now with new images? Seems they are being pretty picky about this with the images.

Also sure, traditionally we'd have a thread per issue, but as you all share the same issue, if you want to all post in this thread, that's no issue. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Chris

@Jack Kitterhing Hey Jack, less of the "you all" and more of the "we all" I think.

Have not had time today. Will do tomorrow and make sure I post everything here.

Also I think that there is no doubt now, that somehow due to these Facebook changes and then peoples attempts to make the UF plugin work, some database corruption has occurred. I deleted the UF plugin and then deleted all the associated database tables and reinstalled v 2.7.

Immediately the plugin behaves in a totally different manner. Instead of the disappearing popup when you try to grant permissions to FB, it now works as expected. The popup opens properly and you are able to grant permissions.

I suspect a lot of your customers think this is directly related to the FB changes and needing FB approval for the app. It maybe an idea to make people aware that there could be another issue involving the database and provide specific instructions on how to delete the tables, its not that difficult if you have a good hosting service with cPanel.

• Chris

Further testing has made me confident that there have been two separate issues with the ultimate Facebook plugin in my network setup.

We all know about the Facebook app approval being required and this is an ongoing project with all of us trying to get an app approved by Facebook.

Facebook approval is not required to have your blog auto post to your own Facebook account or Page/s.

However, for much of the last 3 weeks I have had a problem that I now realise has nothing to do directly with the Facebook API changes. I know this issue is affecting others as I have seen posts about it.

The Problem

At the point you attempt to grant extended permissions in the Facebook settings, Permissions and Tokens tab, the UF plugin was not behaving as it should. On clicking the 'Grant extended permissions' link a popup would attempt to open and then immediately disappear. Not being familiar with the UF plugin I was not sure if that meant you had granted permissions or not. Also I noted that once the 'Grant extended permissions' link had been clicked the 'Facebook Connect' tab disappeared.

The UF plugin would not autopost to my FB page, then on occasion it would and at one point 3 of my sites were auto posting to Facebook. The Facebook Connect tab would appear and then disappear again. The UF plugin did not seem stable. In the Facebook error log the errors were always 'The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this action'

My set up is/was WP 3.9.1 and UF 2.7. I have 14 sites and the following plugins installed:-

Domain Mapping - Network Activated
    Google Maps - Site by site
    Ultimate Facebook - Site by site (3 sites before my major reinstall)
    WPMU DEV Dashboard - Network Activated
    WPMU DEV Videos - Network Activated

During the process of trying to solve the known Facebook Permissions issue I did several reinstalls of the UF plugin and generally speaking did a lot of messing about. I think somehow during this messing about the database became corrupt. When I did a full restore from an earlier backup of the whole Wordpress install I was of course restoring an already corrupt database.

Solution To The Problem

1. Deactivated the Ultimate Facebook plug on the 3 sites.

2. Via Network Admin, Plugins tab deleted UF plugin.

3. Login to cPanel and select phpMYAdmin or whatever you use to access your database.

4. Select your relevant database. You will notice that the tables are generally prefixed with wp_2_commentmeta for example where '2' is the site number.

5. The tables you are looking for are:-

wdfb_notice_log
    wdfb_grant
    wdfb_comments
    wdfb_button
    wdfb_autopost
    wdfb_api

and any table prefixed

fb

5. Use the search tool to find them. Just put 'wdfb' in the search box, make sure you click the 'Select All' link and then click search.

6. You will get a long list of results like this (for all of your sites). Most of your results will NOT have the 'Browse or Delete' options, only the tables that contain the tables you have searched for will have these options:-

2 matches in wp_11_commentmeta Browse Delete
    9 matches in wp_11_options Browse Delete
    30 matches in wp_11_postmeta Browse Delete

The 3 above happen to be in my site number 11
    The 2 below are extra tables that you will find in site 1 your admin site. The admin site will also have commentmeta, options and postmeta.

1 match in wp_sitemeta Browse Delete
    1 match in wp_usermeta Browse Delete

7. Delete all of them by clicking the delete link. You will have to re do the search after you delete. Continue search and delete until you have deleted all the tables.

8. Now do exactly the same but search for 'fb' and delete all these tables as well.

9. Go to your Network Admin, Plugins and reinstall Ultimate Facebook.

10. Activate the plugin site by site and go to the Facebook settings tab in each site and follow the set up instructions. When you get to the Permissions and Tokens tab I have checked all the options. It is important to SAVE changes before you click ‘Grant extended permissions’

Having completed this my Ultimate Facebook plugin is behaving totally different from before and now provides the correct popup Facebook windows to allow the Grant extended permission process to be complete correctly.

The only remaining problem is that the comments made via the standard blog comments interface do not appear on Facebook. Comments made on Facebook do appear in the blog post but only if the 'Import Comments Now' link is clicked.

I have attached pictures to illustrate what you should be seeing when you click ‘Grant extended permissions’ You should be taken through 3 steps.
    1. Grant access to your public profile, email address, events and Photos.
    2. Permission to manage your pages.
    3. Permission for the app to post publicly on Facebook for you. Your can set who you want to share these posts with.
    The app name in this case 'iCjBasic' and is not yet approved.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Chris,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your detailed reply of what you done to resolve the pop up box issue for the extended permissions.

I've notified the developer to your other thread with the comments.

I can confirm I've got it to work as well, with just my own page or a page I admin, the approval is only needed if you want say a editor to post, but not want to add them as a developer.

Unfortunately most of our users using this, do indeed use it for allowing their users to post, so they will still need approval.

My App like yours didn't get approved as it's a page I admin, though I have no re-submitted with some additional information.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.