Ultimate Facebook (Login Button)

I have installed Ultimate Facebook. When testing my site on mobile devices, the login button only loads 1/4 to 1/2 of the time. I have disabled caching plugins and it is still inconsistent. Any ideas on what causes this?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Chris

I hope you're well today!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's not the only thing not working right on your site. :slight_frown:

I just visited the front-page and there's no style-sheet being called (1st screenshot). However, the Facebook login button does display on my Android devices every time (2nd screenshot).

Are you currently still trying to debug the situation by disabling things on your site?

• Chris
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for having a look. I've actually not attempted any responsive design for the main site. The problem I saw was actually happening on a subsite running behind the scenes. However, if the caching plugin is network enabled, then the FB login button wouldn't be loading on the main site too. Is that correct?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Crhris,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

FB login button doesn't depend on your caching plugin.
    If you want to enable FB login for all your sites then in Network Admin go to Facebook > Facebook Settings and under Facebook Connect enable Allow users to connect using Facebook option.
    If you want to enable login on just some of your sub sites then you need to leave this disabled and in each sub site go to same option and enable it where you want to show it.

Also I didn't have any issues with testing the login form on my mobile device.
    As for the home page CSS, it does look bad on the phone and that's because .title-area and .entry-content classes have fixed width.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Chris
    • The Bug Hunter

HI Predrag,

My problem isn't getting the FB login button to work when it is visible. The problem is that it wasn't visible. I am asking if a caching plugin might make the button disappear at times on a mobile device.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Chris,

Sorry I wasn't clear with my answer, I meant to say that the FB login buttons was showing for me each time I loaded the page. I tried refreshing it around 15 times and each time the FB button is there.

It is possible that you are having issues because of the caching plugin, did you try clearing the cache from plugin or disabling it to see if it works after that on your end?

On which browser are you testing this?
    I tested it on Chrome on Android and IE on Windows Phone.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Chris
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for getting back to me. Strange, but it seems to be working now. I had been routinely clearing the cache while testing it on Chrome/android and IE. If it happens again, I'll re-open this thread.

Thanks,
    Chris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.