Ultimate Facebook Login Not Working

Hello, I'm having trouble with the Facebook Connect portion of Ultimate Facebook. When trying to use it, all it does is redirect me back to the home url and doesn't not log in or create an account. Any suggestions?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @groovetemple

I hope you are well today,

Sorry to hear of the problems your having, I have just checked your site, but I don't see the Facebook connect portion of the plugin active on there, would it be possible to activate it, so I can see if it throws any errors? :slight_smile:

It could also be a plugin or a theme conflict, is it possible to deactivate your plugins and switch to the twenty twelve theme, to see if it works? Just this will narrow the reasons down why it may not be working.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• groovetemple
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello, I could use some assistance with my issue. There are 2 problems I'm encountering:

1-Initial registration - I've successfully been able to register using the facebook connect option, however, during the process, the plugin loads a new page that doesn't seem to be any page default template and the formatting is out of wack causing confusion during this process. How can I tell the plugin what template page to load when loading registration.php , or is there a way to load the registration without having to load a new page?

2-Login with Facebook - after registering I should be able to log in using facebook connect correct? What is happening is it freezes upon logging in. I get this error:

https://www.groovetemple.tv/members/USER_ID?wdfb_expand=true

How is this process supposed to work? If someone has no account then uses login with facebook from a login screen, does that create an account or do they first have to register with facebook then use login with facebook? Or are they one in the same? We are running multi-site with buddypress. It seems the registration with facebook registers a user properly on the home site, but when using "login with facebook" it will create an account on the network level but doesn't not properly create a buddypress account on the home site. Or if the user has already registered via facebook, when trying to login with facebook after the fact the above error occurs. Need some help with this.

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @groovetemple

I hope you are well today, I'd like to apologize about the extreme and unacceptable delay in getting back to you, I had completely missed your responses.

I have just tried to take a look at your site, but unfortunately it just displays a "error establishing a database connection" for me, does the same happen for you?

Would it be possible to send me some login details to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing.

Thank you and again sorry about the extreme delay on this.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• groovetemple
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@retrogamesuk .. not sure what you mean by ssl issue.. where i am at currently is the process pulls this error with the "log in with face book" shortcode and widget. However, the login with facebook on the wp-login.php and the register with facebook on my register page seem to work.. Has issues when authorizing from widget or short code.

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

• groovetemple
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Tested this on mobile it works fine. wp-login.php it works fine. our register page it works fine. widget and shortcode doesn't pulls error above. I know our app settings are correct because we've been using this app for other facebook related things.

• adams
    • Flash Drive

Hello @groovetemple, Can you please tell me what plugin conflict was causing the problem? I am having the very same problem and I have deactivated every damn plugin and defaulted to twenty eleven theme yet it doesn't log me in but redirects back to same page.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @groovetemple

I hope you are well today and sorry about the extreme delay with my reply, I missed your last responses, I have just checked and I see that it was a plugin conflict causing this, can you confirm that all works as expected with this plugin now? I'm here to help :slight_smile:

Sorry again about the extreme delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.