Ultimate Facebook Not Updating?

Hi there,
I installed Ultimate Facebook onto Lailaparis.co.uk and it has linked but not updating?

To view the site you will need to go to http://lailaparis.co.uk/wp-admin/

User Name: et
Pwd: sadie

As you can see I have installed:
Like Us box= Works
FB Activity Feed= x
Recent Comments= x
Albums= Only one image is showing?

Can you provide any help on getting these working. I have clicked 'Import comments now Import comments now (this can take a while)' but it has not worked.

I can take some screenshots if need be and upload them to the site. Or I can provide you access.

Kind regards in advance,
Michel

• Michael Bissett

Hey @onlinejungle, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

As for the issues with comments, have you already granted extended permissions in the "Permissions & Tokens" section on the Ultimate Facebook settings page? That may be what's holding you up there.

The activity feed's acting like it's supposed to presently, as it's supposed to show activity related to content on your site (e.g. a user liked a post of yours):

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/activity

As for the issues with the photo album... hmm. That does seem to be an odd one.

Just to be sure, could you try using an album from the personal profile for the user that's associated with the page?

Please advise,
    Michael

• onlinejungle

Hi there Michael,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked and from what I can tell I have granted extended permissions.

Nothing seems to be working now though apart from the 'Like us'?

The Facebbok API seems to be fine but when I click on Permissions there is just a constant scrolling bar image (like an egg timer I suppose) and this does not change if I refresh user access token?

I have also tried to show one of my albums but that does not work, not sure if that is what you meant?

Would it help if I provided you access to the WP install? My email address is michael@onlinejungle.co.uk so I could email you the details.

The site is going live early next week so I really want this working by then.

Kind regards,
    Michael

• Ash

Hello @onlinejungle

I hope you are well today.

The Facebbok API seems to be fine but when I click on Permissions there is just a constant scrolling bar image (like an egg timer I suppose) and this does not change if I refresh user access token?

It seems there is an error produced as the loading icon is not removed. Would you please right click on Chrome browser > Select Inspect Element > Select Console tab > Refresh the page and click on Permissions and check if any error is shown in the console.

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

• onlinejungle

Hi Ash,
    I have done as requested and the information is below.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'create' of undefined measureIt.js:120
    (anonymous function) measureIt.js:120
    Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains. ping?client_id=306850799486695&domain=lailaparis.co.uk&origin=1&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak…:1

Kind regards,
    Mike

• Ash

Hello @onlinejungle

I hope you are well today.

Thanks for the info.

First it looks like an error comes from any of your theme or plugin.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'create' of undefined measureIt.js:120

If you mouse hover over measureIt.js in right side, you should see the location of the file and you can see if it is a plugin or theme. Please disable that one.

Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains. ping?client_id=306850799486695&domain=lailaparis.co.uk&origin=1&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak…:1

That means you didn't provide your website URL when you have created the fb app. Please make sure you add a platform - website and give your website url in the app settings, like the screenshot.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.