Ultimate Facebook plugin - Not all events show up

I run a hostel/bar and I am using Ultimate Facebook to list my upcoming events on our website. The plugin works and displays the events, but sometimes it skips an event and lists the one after it instead. I have no idea why and I can't see any reason for the event to be skipped, it's a regular event just like the others. Please help, thanks.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello there

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

This is strange. I didn't see like this before. But it may happen due to technical synchronization between facebook and the site. Well, how you are using the shortcode? Would you please try by adding starting_from or only_future attribute to check if it works is same way?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Anderson
    • New Recruit

I went into Permissions & Tokens and clicked on Purge Events Cache and it doesn't seem to me like it does anything. I click on the button and it gets a blue outline around the button box, but there's no refreshing of the page or even a little circle or something to indicate that it has completed an action. It feels like all it does is click and that's it, and it hasn't changed anything in the events list on the site. The Purge Albums Cache button is the exact same. I see that this is what your screenshot looks like as well, does it just take time?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Clicking on Purge Events Cache won't refresh the page but delete the cache in background. This really weird. TBH, I dont see any reason of not to show that event.

Are you using any cache plugin?
    Would you please create a test page with the shortcode [wdfb_events for="100002370116390"] (change for to your ID no) and check if that event appears?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Is it possible for you to share your FB APP ID and secret key with me? (you can change secret key any time) so that I can test it in my lab site? If I see the same I won't mind to report as a bug.

To send details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (APP ID and Secret Key) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for your post.

I see that @Ashok has already received your login details. He is currently offline and should be online soon.

I had a look and I am afraid that we would not be able to test your app on our lab site. The reason is that every app is designed for a domain which is specified in the app settings.

You will need to make us the admin in the app so that we can have a closer look at your application and then see if there is something wrong there and change the domain to get that working on our lab site.

Can you kindly make Ashok or Me the admin of the app or even better send us your Facebook developer login credentials over the same email please ?

Cheers, PC

• Anderson
    • New Recruit

I'm not sure what you mean by "Facebook developer login credentials", when I'm logged into my hostel Facebook account I go to the FB Developer site (https://developers.facebook.com/) and I'm already logged in from the hostel account. Do you want my regular Facebook login email and password? It's no problem, I can change it after, I just want to be sure of what you're talking about. Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.