Ultimate Facebook Plugin Not Functioning Properly on Genesis Child Theme

Reviewed each part of the configuration video. Believe Ultimate Facebook was set up correctly, however:

1) Genesis child theme is now unstable (when scrolling, screen flashes and scrolling stalls)

2) Like Button, Register, and Connect shortcodes do not work. However, one shortcode that does work is: [wdfb_connect avatar_size="0"] Have not tested other shortcodes.

3) Manual use of like/send shortcodes on the web site pages produce horizontal black lines along with the like/send feature

4) When like/send button is set to be applied automatically and "show on front page" is left unselected, like/send button appears on front page anyway

5) Facebook comments do not appear with WordPress comments

6) Facebook integration with WordPress does not appear to be functioning

Perhaps I have made an error in configuring Ultimate Facebook or the interaction between the Genesis child theme and Ultimate Facebook is not good. Can you help me?

I would love to find out that there is a fix to this. Ultimate Facebook would really be great for my website.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Douglas

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Douglas!

First off, let's do two things to confirm your suspicions here. I don't have access to Genesis or any of the child themes, so I'll need to ask you to do a few tests if that's okay.

1. Try switching, temporarily, to one of the default WordPress themes like twenty fifteen or twenty fourteen. Check your pages with Ultimate Facebook active and see if everything is working as it should.

2. Next, let's confirm that all the issues you're seeing outside of the Ultimate Facebook functionality are in fact due to UFB, by disabling it and checking to see if the display issues on your site are fully resolved.

If test one confirms UFB works with a default theme and test two confirms UFB is behind the display issues in your Genesis child theme, I'd like to login and have a closer look at the issue first hand. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

• Douglas

Hi Michelle:

Thank you so much for your email. I believe I have followed your suggestions.

I changed the WordPress themes to twenty fifteen on the Appearance > Themes page. On twenty fifteen, Ultimate Facebook seemed to work as it should. (It was great to see it in action, and I hope very much we can make this come together!)

2. I disabled (deactivated) UFB on the Installed Plugins page, and the display issues on the web site did seem to resolve themselves.

3. I have granted you temporary admin access to the web site using the "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings.

I really appreciate you help! Please let me know of any further steps that might help you.

Yours,

Douglas

• Douglas

Hi Michelle:

On Friday, I completed the diagnostics and, as you suggested, granted you temporary admin access to my site. (For more on this please see above.)

I saw that the access will expire at 2:32 pm (eastern time) today. Would you like me to extend for another 72 hours?

If you have any other questions for me, please let me know. I can be reached on this thread or "mcpeek1@aol.com"

Thanks and best wishes,

Douglas

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, Douglas!

Okay, I've found some of the issues here!

The biggest issue I found so far is that Genesis is rendering the like buttons within a code tag, that's what's causing the like buttons not to work, and the black bar behind it. It may even be the key with the buttons appearing on the front page, even when you told them not to.

As for the comments, I'm stumped. I'm assuming it has something to do with with how Genesis renders WordPress comments.

I'm going to call our second level code gurus in to take a look here. This may be beyond what we can do, but if there's a way to fix this efficiently that doesn't involve rebuilding either the theme or the plugin, we'll totally see what we can do.

Thanks, Douglas!

PS - we can speed things up for the second level guys if you can send in your FTP details, so they can log in and look at the theme files directory. (In case they don't have Genesis or your child theme) You can use our contact form, like so:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Michelle Shull"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Thanks, Douglas!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.