ultimate facebook plugin (widgets not visible)

Hi,
I have installed and configured the plugin and added the widgets to the sidebar, but none of the widget are visible on the sidebar.
i am using buddypress default theme

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello!

Welcome to the Community!

I just did a quick test to see if I could get the widgets to show up on a test install and had no issues.

Are you able to see any widgets at all?

Have you granted extended permissions?

A link would also be helpful.

thanks!

Kimberly

• surajmohad
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

here is what i found -
    if i don't check the 'Allow users to register with Facebook' in the configuration, the login widget wont show up. I have sorted the login widget by checking that option

* But the other widgets (facepile & comments) are still not visible on my sidebar
    please help on that

* Do you have a shortcode for fb comments like [wdfb_like_button]

* Also is there any docs for configuring 'autoposts', looks like its difficult to get it to work
    - but that's not on my priority list

• surajmohad
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,
    * yes i have granted extended permissions
    * Yes the plugin is successfully connected with the app.

regarding shortcodes, I tried to use this in entry.php file of my theme
    it does not work, also whats the shortcode for fb comments
    <?php echo do_shortcode('[wdfb_like_button]');?>

Thanks for the attachment for autopost, I will try that and let you know incase of issues.

• surajmohad
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Autoposting is working fine, thx for the screenshot picture.
    is it possible for all the respective authors on my site to post to their own facebook walls

at this moments all the posts are published on a particular users wall that i select in the configuration.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi there!

I'm afraid that the plugin will post to the wall of the App that it is tied to. However, I have not tried to allow the authors to grant extended permissions to Facebook, this may allow them some access, it's worth testing. i will look into it as well.

As for the shortcodes, there is no comments code that I am aware of, the only ones available are on the Shortcodes page in the Facebook plugin menu.

I visited your site and see that the widgets are missing. have you decided to remove them or do we still need to work on that issue as well? If so, can you please provide a screenshot of your settings so we can work on that.

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out via live chat or email, or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologize in advance for any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for being part of the WPMU DEV Community!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.