Ultimate Facebook registering but not shoing buddypress bar

Hello, this is an strange one. I have installed ultimate facebook and the installation seemed to go fine. Created the ap and granded permssions just fine. My issue is that when you register on the site through facebook, the menus remain the same for a logged out user as does the buddypress admin bar.

This is the site:

http://www.xtremegapyear.co.uk/travellers/

after registering on the top bar it just show login or sign up, no buddypress activites or groups or nothing.

What am i doing wrong here? Many thanks in advance

Oliver

• Kimberly

Hello Oliver!

Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

Your issue is that you are allowing registration with Facebook.

You cannot allow registration with Facebook if you want Buddypress to see your users as Buddypress users. I would suggest requiring your users to register via buddypress then allowing them to login with facebook later (if email is the same it will work fine).

Facebook and Buddypress use two different registration processes. Allowing registration with Facebook will override Buddypress registration. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's how Buddypress works sorry.

If you need anything else please let me know!

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark "Not Resolved" to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.