Ultimate Facebook - trying to turn off the plugin for one site in a Multisite setup

I have a multisite setup currently installed and have the ultimate facebook installed at a network level. I am trying to deactivate the plugin on one site but allow it to be active for other sub domains on the network.

thanks,
wayne

• aecnu

Greetings wayne,

Thank you for the question but it is either network activated or site by site activated.

If it is network activated and working on every site it is indeed working as intended.

Otherwise in your scenario because it does not apply to the entire MultiSite, should be site by site activated excluding the site you do not want it on.

Is there a way, perhaps using a define statement, while network activated to skip one site?

I do not know. Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

Since the plugin is actually initialised on "plugins_loaded" hook, you can take the custom code approach and programatically remove the initialisation call for a particular blog. To do so, you'll need to bind to the "plugins_loaded" hook very early (earlier then the default) and unbind the Ultimate Facebook initialisation from the hook execution queue. E.g. perhaps something like this can help:

function my_pfx_remove_ufb () {
    	// Custom code to check if this is the blog
    	// you want to not have UFb.
    	// Suppose it is. Now:
    	remove_action('plugins_loaded', '_wdfb_initialize');
    }
    add_action('plugins_loaded', 'my_pfx_remove_ufb', 1);
  • aecnu

Greetings wayne,

Considering the lead developers last post and input, it appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.