Ultimate Facebook Widgets Do Not Show

I have the following configuration:

Beachheadcommunications.com is my admin site for WPMU. One of my sub-sites is MeshMarketer.com.

I have set up my Ultimate Facebook for both sites as sub-sites. In other words, there is an option to establish a plugin for Ultimate Facebook at the admin site and the sub-sites for Beachheadcommunications.com.

My UF widgets show for all of my subsites correctly, but they do not show for Beachheadcommunications.com no matter if I try to set it up for the admin site or the sub-site for Beachheadcommunications.com.

For Beachheadcommunications.com I have set it up for the sub-site the way I set it up for MeshMarketer.com before trying the admin setup for UF.

• Kimberly

josephdowdy,

Thanks for being a WPMU member

I am hoping you can help me to clarify a couple of things: I'm reading that you are not able to use UF widgets on your main site? But it is working on your subsite?

I am also reading that you used the same procedure to install the plugin to your main site as you did to your subsite? Could you give me a quick 1-2-3 of what you did so we can be on the same page?

First thing I would suggest to try is to remove then reinstall the plugin and reactivate it. Second I would check to see if there are any plugin conflicts that may be causing the problem. Turn off all of your plugins aside from UF and then check to see if you still have the same problem. If not turn them on again one by one until you find which is causing the conflict.

Hope this helps you get things sorted

Best,

Kimberly

• aecnu

Greetings josephdowdy,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings josephdowdy,

Is there nothing to look at here?

Thank you for the great question and I believe that is the root of the problem, there is nothing to look at here. We have called in the developer on this, but what to tell him?

We are at a stumbling block here Joseph because we do not have much to go on. No errors, no screen shots of Facebook App settings for this domain, and you yourself said that you have successfully set it up on several sites without a problem. Obviously it is not the plugin.

This indeed raises the obvious question what is being done different?

Is it the domain name in the Facebook apps section?

Is it a setting within the Facebook settings in the site admin?

Is it a theme conflict though it appears both sites are using the same theme? If this is the case then we know this is not the answer.

We do not have a conflict of interest, we want nothing more then to have your site(s) to be working as you desire and anticipate.

At this juncture all we have left is to go over screen shots of your Facebook settings both in Facebook Apps and the site Facebook settings and if we cannot spot the problem within them - then perhaps login information sent privately for the developer to personally login and see if he can spot anything, but of course one step at a time.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Joseph,

I just got done discussing this with the lead developer of the Ultimate Facebook plugin and he responded in some detail after examining the ticket please be advised he added:

"Facebook requires that every domain has its own app set up, so that might be his problem - that would explain all the issues too so, network settings without domain mapping - all should be good but domain mapped sites need separate Facebook Apps and therefore separate Facebook API setups"

Cheers, Joe

• josephdowdy

Thanks for contacting the developer and yes these are all on different domains.

I realize there isn't much to look at here as I can't really tell you that anything is different between one install that works and the other that doesn't OTHER THAN the one that isn't working is also the WPMU domain for administration.

I did switch themes to see if that was it, but it's not.

I tried to see if there was a conflict with the plugins and there is not.

Yes, I can make screenshots of the FB credentials and I could even make a private YouTube video doing a walkthrough if you want, or even set up an admin account for someone to use to take a peek, but I'm at a loss as to what to provide unless you specifically request it. Of course I have a much-too-full plate and I'd love to do the easiest fix possible, but this is a WPMUDEV product and I am paying for it and I want it to work, so I want help with this.

• aecnu

Greetings Joseph,

I fully understand and appreciate your candid response - it is so very much appreciated.

What we are looking at right now or want to look at is if you have the Facebook App setup specifically for the Beachheadcommunications.com site.

Another thing is that the url's are an exact match in the app itself and the Facebook app.
    i.e. Beachheadcommunications.com not http://www.Beachheadcommunications.com or in reverse.

we absolutely believe you that you have them setup the same and at the same time this is what we are afraid of regarding the items mentioned above.

Please check these and advise.

Our next step if you do not find anything out of the ordinary will be screen shots of Facebook App page and possibly access to your wp-install sent to a non public location.

Cheers, Joe

• josephdowdy

I'm making a change to see if beachheadcommunications.beachheadcommunications.com will help it to work. When I go to this domain name, I do see the plugin working, but that's NOT the right domain. People are not using "beachheadcommunications.beachheadcommunications.com" because they should be using "beachheadcommunications.com".

It didn't fix anything. I continues to resolve to beachheadcommunications.com regardless so this change was useless.