Ultimate Facepook - autoposting, can't get it right

Hi team
I've installed Ultimate Facebook for this website. I believe I have done everything correctly; created the app, set it to public, entered ID and secret key, I am an administrator of the Facebook page.
But under 'autopost to Facebook' I can't choose from a dropdown to select the correct page to post to.
Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Ellen

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Ellen,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I had a look at your site but didn't see any FB App connected in UFB, are you currently working on this or did you remove the API info for some reason?

Can you connect it again and let us know when can we have another look at it?

Also, could you perform WP update just so we can be sure it's nothing related to that, and make sure that network update is completed as well :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ellen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Predag
    Thanks for your reply. That's very strange as it was definitely hooked up. I had the green tick box showing I was 'Successfully connected'.
    Anyway, I've done all the updates and entered the codes again. Exactly the same problem. No drop down with pages (I am an administrator for multiple pages, so I should see a list). I've also tried to do it in IE, there is a drop down, but nothing to choose from.

Appreciate your time looking into this.

Thanks
    Ellen

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Ellen,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I was checking your site and noticed one error message in my browser console. Please take a look at this screenshot.

Now as you can see, error message is indicating that site url has not in the app domain setting of your Facebook App. So would you add you site url as app domain first and then test ?

Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Ellen ,

Seems like in your App you have not added website url. Please add it first if you have not add it yet. Click on "Add Plateform", add your website url there and then try to add site url in the app domain section.

Let me know how it goes.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ellen,

I couldn't find anything wrong on your installation :slight_frown:

I even tried creating new app for your site and after connecting I was able to see all my pages in dropdowns.

Can you try going to Permissions & Tokens section in UFB settings and try resetting your permissions there, make sure to wait for page to refresh on its own after you have clicked on "Reset auth tokens" button and see if it shows your pages after that.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ellen

Hi Predrag
    Got a drop down now, but it doesn't show my pages. Do these sound familiar to you: Private writer group, Another fiction and a few others. I checked the app ID, but it's mine, so it seems a bit strange that these ones come up.
    Thanks!
    Ellen

• Ellen

YES, it's working. Thanks a lot for all your work.
    I was hoping to resolve another issue with this plug in.
    Everytime a post was shared manually on Facebook, the image of the home page was shared, not the featured image of the post. I would like to know how I can make sure the featured image shows on Facebook.

Sorry to move on to the next question straightaway! I've very excited that the auto posting is working now :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ellen,

Glad to hear that part is sorted out :slight_smile:

About the share image, are we talking about autoposting to facebook or using Avada share buttons?

I tested share feature from avada on my own site and the same thing happens, even without UFB installed so it looks like this is something related to theme itself :slight_frown:

It would be best to start new thread for any followup questions, it will help us with tracking everything better :slight_smile:

You can start a new thread here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.