Ultimate FB Login

Hi Guys Ive had the facebook connect login working great and decided to map a few more fields from my buddy press (i just had the user name mapped before)

when i did this i i click 'login with facebook' in the front end, but instead of logging me in it replaces the login with facebook button with a button that just says log in ...when i click the log in button, the fb pop up comes up and says You have already logged into connectApp. Click Okay to proceed. when i do nothing changes..and i am not logged in at all.......ive now tried to disable all the login mapping i did but i still get the same results....what can the problem be?

• aecnu

Greetings Peter,

Thank you for pointing out this significant issue and I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble getting it to work again.

All I can recommend is that you reinstall the Facebook plugin and if that does not work you will have to clear its database settings as well.

Because that was custom work you were doing, we have nothing to go on as to why it happened therefore no fix.

You do have a backup of your site and database just prior to your custom coding?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Peter76

Hi Joe. So disinstall the plugin completely? and reinstall it?

all i did was map buddy press fields to the facebook connect part of the ultimate facebook plugin....no custom code ......

ive tried deleting and remaking the app on fb, i tried deleting the profile fields from the buddypress but nothing......its not registering the user at all in the back end also..

i was about a day away from going live with the site......ill keep updating as to my results

• aecnu

Greetings Peter,

I could not agree more that it is ridiculous.

My respected client/member installed the plugin and facebook connect login working great

Now my client//member decided to map a few more fields from my buddy press (i just had the user name mapped before)

Then said members Ultimate Facebook plugin broke for whatever reason and I am trying to do nothing but to help member and figure out the best I can remotely to what is wrong and why it does not work anymore, and my member is saying it is ridiculous.

My member did not back up his site and installation before making the adjustments that in effect put the big kill on the Ultimate Facebook log in that I am aware of, or I would simply ask him to restore it to this point?

But I care about my member and want to get his issue fixed asap and realize that if I cannot help my member get it fixed I will need to call in the lead developer for help, which it is possible may take a few days or possibly longer depending upon the developers load.

In my efforts I have found that Ultimate Facebook data is stored in the database tables wp_options and wp_sitemeta.

Will this be enough to help my member fix this before having the need to call in the lead developer? I do not know, it depends on my members skill level.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Peter76

Joe its not for you....i think i was refering to my luck as of late more than anything....ill take a look into the database now......i have a back up .......my skill level is 6 out of ten....i get by but always willing to learn......

in wp_options i see
    wdfb_api
    wdfb_connect
    wdfb_button
    wdfb_comments
    widget_wdfb_widgetactivityfeed
    widget_wdfb_widgetrecentcomments
    widget_wdfb_widgetconnect
    widget_wdfb_widgetalbums
    widget_wdfb_widgeteventsfacebook.

and sitemeta

wdfb_widget_pack
    wdfb_api
    wdfb_connect
    wdfb_autopost

delete them all?

• aecnu

Greetings Peter,

No problem and thank you for your very kind response and feedback, I understand what is going on now :slight_smile: and lets see if we can get you fixed up.

What I would do first would be to deactivate the Ultimate Facebook plugin, it should not need to be re-uploaded, remove the SQL entries for it, and then reactivate it and set it back up, then map the fields as you desire and I hope does not break it again.

With this in mind it may be wise to backup the database each step of the way with your favorite backup application or the Snapshot plugin so that you may step back the moment things go haywire to the last working setup and then we can work forward from there.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

There was an issue with logging in a while back, but it should be fixed for some time now. If you have the latest plugin version installed (v2.2.2), you should be all set. Please, note that if you manually removed entries from options and sitemeta tables, you'll have to enter your Facebook API data again (you can use the same app as you did initially) and generally set the plugin up again. Also, if the problem persists, could you please try flushing any server-side cache you may have (e.g. via a plugin) and clearing cookies and cache in your browser and trying to log in again?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.