Ultimate FB: When I click "create your application" in Wordpress, the page Facebook.com/de

When I click "create your application" in Wordpress, the page Facebook.com/developers/createapp.php goes into some kind of endless redirect loop and never loads. Is this a known issue?

• rebecca_smith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tom,
    I'm on Wordpress 3.5 and Ultimate Facebook 2.5.4.
    I tried on Mountain Lion Safari 6.0.2 and ML Firefox 17.0.1 with same results.
    But then I tried on Lion Safari 6.0.2 and it worked fine.

Not sure if it's OS-related or related to my browser prefs (although they are pretty lenient) but the browsers seemed to have trouble handling the redirect from facebook.com/developers/createapp.php to developers.facebook.com/apps. When I manually went to the redirect URL I was able to create an app. I hope this is essentially the same as doing it by clicking the "create your application" link.
    Thanks!

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Greetings rebecca_smith and welcome to the WPMU forums.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having setting up this plugin. Let me start by asking what step pare you at? in the meantime Let me see if i can be of some help.

First would like to know if you are login in facebook as a user or as a page account, cause page accounts cant make applications, gotta be a user, when i try this the first time around using my page account it kept redirecting me to my main facebook page, after hours of surfing in google i found that now facebook only let users make applications hope this helps you.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@rebecca_smith

Seems likey a browser related issue unfortunately i don't have a mac to test this on so am going to tag one of our support team @Timothy i know has the full range to confirm this. But essentially if the app is created now you should be good to go the way you did it.

Cheers

Tom

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.