Ultimate Tranlate Language Widget won' t display using BuddyPress Fun Child Theme

The widget to select language has been added several places on the blog, but won’t display.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi anitaengs,

That doesn’t sound right! Can you try it out with the default BuddyPress theme to see if it shows there?

Also, did you have languages already specified and is everything else working properly as far as translations so far?

Thanks,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi anitaengs,

I’ll ask one of the developers to take a look at this as I can see similar on a test site. Could we get a link to your site to help out in finding the issue?

[EDIT: Whoops, we wouldn’t need a link in this case, sorry for any confusion there!]

Thanks,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya, could you try making sure there’s a translation available for the respective posts/pages you’ve got the widget appearing on? I’m thinking that may be the reason it’s not showing, though I didn’t catch that earlier.

And I’ve not heard anything on multisite compatibility with GTS Translation, but I see you’ve posted to the forums over at wp.org, so hopefully they’ll have a good response there. I’ll check and see if anyone here has any knowledge of that too.

Thanks,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi anitaengs, if I’ve read it correctly, it looks to be stored in post meta, which makes sense since there’s no need to query the translations.

As you tried the automatic translate already, have you by any chance tried the “Translation to All Pages and Posts” option as well?

Something else I failed to ask also, can you access the translated pages?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya folks

Unfortunately, this plugin is now in the process of being phased out. We won’t be updating it for the upcoming release of WordPress 3.2.

There are many reasons for this, the main one being the fact that it relies on Google’s Translation API to do it’s magic – which Google is shutting down:

http://code.google.com/apis/language/translate/overview.html

It’s a bummer as it was a handy little plugin, but was never widely used here. If there’s enough demand for it and we’re able to find an alternate solution we’ll revisit the idea, but for now we have no plans to do so.

Thanks.

• fitoussi
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi James,

sorry i am opening this topic again but i was just trying the plugin in and got the widget not showing problem and then i saw this topic. i am trying to make my directory site multilingual. do you have any suggestion, now when this plugin is not being supported anymore? i am using wp 3.2.

i tried to use Qtranslate which let me translate title and content of listing but it doesn’t recognize the listing categories.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi fitoussi,

As Mason mentioned, the plugin wouldn’t be updated for WordPress 3.2. We simply can’t support the plugin given that Google is shutting down the service required to make it all work.

That would be coupled with the fact that the plugin hasn’t been widely used here as well. Please feel free to let us know your thoughts on the matter with a new thread in the feedback forum.

Thanks,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.