Unable create multi DB in the main db

Hi,

I'm configuring my site with multi-DB plugin and I get this error after pasting the DB-tool generated list into my DB>>SQL>>GO

Pls guide me in this setup.

Shiyam

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Shiyam, I hope you're well today!

The error you're getting simply says that the db user does not have permissions to create a new database.
    You'll have to create them using the command line, or if you have cPanel manually create them.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Shiyam
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Now I get the below error:

Can’t select database
    We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the wpglobal database.

Are you sure it exists?
    Does the user artempire have permission to use the wpglobal database?
    On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_wpglobal. Could that be the problem?
    If you don't know how to set up a database you should contact your host. If all else fails you may find help at the WordPress Support Forums.

• Shiyam
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Now I get the below error:

Can’t select database
    We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the wpglobal database.

Are you sure it exists?
    Does the user artempire have permission to use the wpglobal database?
    On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_wpglobal. Could that be the problem?
    If you don't know how to set up a database you should contact your host. If all else fails you may find help at the WordPress Support Forums.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Shiyam,

Can you please check the extra database names are just like you have them in your multi-db configuration file and that the user that is assigned to them (user artempire) does indeed have access to them?
    It seems like this is the error you're getting.

Please advise,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.