Unable to access landing page to make changes

Hello,
I've been asked to make changes to cchwb.org, because the developer who originally created the site in unreachable. Unfortunately, I'm unable to access the landing page. Apparently, the developer was originally a WPMU Dev member, and the site has already been registered. However, because he is unreachable I cannot obtain his membership information. Regardless, can you help me access the landing page? I'm trying to update the content in time to launch the cient's new website titled blackmothersunited.org (currently in development at blackmothersunited.wsbydesign.com).

I appreciate any help you can offer. I've given you access to the site.

Thanks in advance!
Kimberly

• Aicee Taguilaso

Hi Kimberly! :slight_smile:

Just to confirm some few points:
    - What do you mean by "I'm unable to access the landing page". Are you getting any errors when trying to access the landing page?
    - "the developer was originally a WPMU Dev member", so do you mean just a member here from jobs board or is he/she a staff?

I want to help you access your landing page, but I'm not sure what landing page it is.
    Looking forward to your response. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Aicee

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi Aicee,
    I appreciate you wanting to help and your need to ask clarifying questions regarding my request.

The landing page I'm speaking about is cchwb.org (i.e., the home page). Typically, a theme provides access through the customize bar to the site's landing page. This site doesn't provide that option. When I open the home page for the site and click "edit", I'm sent to a blank home page within WordPress.

As to my reference regarding the developer...he appears to have been a member like I am i.e., a user who has access to downloads and advice who registered CCHWB.org. To my knowledge he was not part of WPMU Dev's staff. I don't know his name, but my client says they have tried to reach him several times over several months and he is totally unresponsive. So that's why I need your help. I was able to access the source code and copy and paste it into Dreamweaver, but there has to be an easier way. If not, I'll do my best to update the html he created, but I'm unsure how to upload the html to the website once that's done.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
    Kimberly

• Aicee Taguilaso

Hi Kimberly!

I'm very sorry for the delay here. Hope you're doing well today!

With regards to your site being already registered, someone is already looking into this further. Either him or me will respond here once it is sorted.

About the landing page, can you check if you have a page called Home in that theme? Also, have you asked your host if maybe they have created a backup copy of your site?

Cheers,
    Aicee

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi Aicee,
    Thank you for your message. As to your questions: 1)There is a page called Home written in PHP, and 2) I have made a backup copy of the site.

When I visited the Home page in my browsers, I was able to capture the .htm, but it was un-editable and I couldn't find the file in the Panel folder so I decided to switch out the theme entirely and see what happened. As of early this morning everything was working well; however, because the developer created a theme that basically acts like an Excel spreadsheet i.e., houses data; then pulls it to create a report (in this case a page) I'm having to rebuild several pages using individual entries. Example: Our Staff, News and Announcements, Our Partners, and Audit Reports. I've already recreated Our Board. So...it's time consuming, but what else can one do?

Again, thank you for your help. We can close out this question now.

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.