unable to activate WP Smush Pro

Greetings! I’m getting an internal server error when attempting to activate WP Smush Pro. Any assistance you can provide would be awesome! :slight_smile:

• Melissa
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

No. I did, but I deactivated and uninstalled it. The pro version installed successfully, however, like the free version, I’m getting this result when attempting to bulk smush: Error posting to API: 500 Internal Server Error.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Melissa,

I hope you are well today.

There’s a couple things that could cause this. A 500 Internal Server Error usually means that either you’ve run out of resources, or there is a problem with a script on your site.

Let’s start with the easiest solution first. Please add the following to your wp-config.php file, just before the line /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

// Increase WP Memory Limit
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Then try to Bulk Smush again.

If this does not resolve your problem, could you please run a plugin conflict test as outlined in the following article? This will eliminate the possibility of a conflict with another plugin. https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If that does not lead to a solution, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file?

To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After you’ve visited the pages that are causing you problems, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, open that file with a text editor like notepad (Windows), GEdit (Linux), or TextEdit (Mac). You can then paste the contents of that file at http://pastebin.com/ and share the URL of the pasted output with us so we can examine it further.

I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Melissa
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’ve gone into my media.php file and the lines in question include:

if ( ! $is_image ) {

if ( ! empty( $meta ) ) {

$img_url = str_replace( $img_url_basename, $meta, $img_url );

$img_url_basename = $meta;

$width = $meta;

$height = $meta;

} else {

return false;

are you able to discern what’s missing? Thx again so much for you help!

• Melissa
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

It’s becoming apparent that I’m in need of some extreme support. Images are missing from site and/or are corrupted and I’m unable to re-upload. Site is extremely slow and scores horribly on GTMetrix, PageSpeed and Pingdom… Any direction anyone can give is extremely appreciated. :cold_sweat:

• Melissa
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

greetings again… One of the reasons I took the plunge and signed up with WPMUDEV was because I had read great reviews about the support staff and anticipated I would have similar results. Unfortunately, I’m not finding this to be the case. Is there somewhere else to request support or is this the right place?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Melissa,

I apologize for the delay. I’ve had a higher than normal number of tickets to reply to. Also, our ticket feed is done in order of oldest to newest. So, when you reply multiple times, it bumps your ticket back to the end of our feed. This is why I did not see your ticket sooner.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: “Attn: James Morris”

In the Message box, please provide the following:

– link back to this thread for reference

– any other relevant urls

– Admin login:

Admin username

Admin password

Login url

– Hosting Control Panel Login

Admin username

Admin password

Login url

– FTP credentials

host

username

password

(and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.