Unable to Add Ecommerce Shortcode in Product Description

Many thanks to the Marketpress devs for the long-awaited update. Well done!

Jude suggested I start a new topic about one new issue I have discovered with the new version (3.0.0.8)...

I am unable to add any Marketpress shortcodes when creating/editing a product description. I like to add the Buy button or product meta box at the end of long product descriptions. Clicking the "Add E-Commerce Short Code" button, however, does nothing. No errors, just no pop-up either. The button worked fine using v.3.0.0.7.

I have tested with the Twenty Sixteen theme and have the same results. I have also ruled out any plugin conflict.

I suppose the shortcode could be added manually, but that is rather challenging without any detailed documentation for MP shortcodes and variables.

Anyone care to try replicating this issue?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi jcnjr,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tried to replicate this issue with the latest version of MarketPress, but it seems to work fine. I checked your website, and it looks like the Easy Pie Maintenance Mode plugin is causing a conflict. I have disabled the plugin, and now the shortcode button seems to work fine. Please check and confirm.

You can find many maintenance plugins from the WordPress repository:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=maintenance+mode

Please let us know if you need any further help. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Nithin

...now the shortcode button seems to work fine. Please check and confirm.

Thanks for checking, but no. It is not.

Yes, the button work for adding shortcodes in a post or page. With or without the maintenance mode plugin activated, this works as expected.

What is no longer working: I cannot use the button to add MP shortcodes to Products. I was able to do this with v.3.0.0.7.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi jcnjr, hope you had a wonderful day.

I just checked on my test site, but I could not regenerate this either. Please check this screencast for reference: http://take.ms/5i997

I have tested with the Twenty Sixteen theme and have the same results. I have also ruled out any plugin conflict

Can you please create a staging site, install only MarketPress latest version there and check if the issue is still there? If yes, would you mind allowing Support Access on that site so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Rupok said:

I just checked on my test site, but I could not regenerate this either.

Thanks again for checking. I have also isolated the issue to this particular site, which is a dev install.

The issue is also minor. I will investigate further and report back if additional support is required.

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Ella

I have a lot of questions can you send me

Feel free to start a Members Only discussion in The Hub and tag me. Perhaps others can help too.

Check the checkout process in the site you gave me. I got stuck in it.

Thanks for reporting that! It's fixed now—one remaining issue I've noticed with MarketPress is you have to double-check when saving any Marktpress page to ensure the page type is selected—Store Base, Cart, Checkout, Etc. I usually have to re-select the page type, and save the page again...

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi jcnjr,

one remaining issue I've noticed with MarketPress is you have to double-check when saving any Marktpress page to ensure the page type is selected—Store Base, Cart, Checkout, Etc. I usually have to re-select the page type, and save the page again...

This is another odd behavior, and I believe the specific issue relates to the observations made in this thread. Maybe a database connection is not happening when trying to save, thus making you to re-save the page again.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

This is clearly some rather odd behavior, specifically related to my client's GoMaddy hosting...

I can't replicate it on oir own installs either. Consider it resolved until I get bored someday and troubleshoot this further.

Thanks for all the help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.