Unable to add member from 'Existing Wordpress Users'

Hello,

I need to add a member to membership that is already a user, but all I get is a message stating 'no results found'. If I try to add the username, it says 'username already taken'.

Support access is open.

Thanks!

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Ryan !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I tried to replicate the issue on your site but I couldn't. I searched with usernames for random users from your WordPress users' list and they popped up as expected in the Membership 2 'Add Members' screen, more specifically, in the 'Select an existing WordPress user' section. Here's a screenshot for reference:

Let me know if you still can replicate the issue. If you can, please let me know if I am missing something in the test process. If I am, please mention the detailed replication steps in your next response if possible.

I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Ryan,

I was able to see this issue in your website, even though it isn't reproducible in a test site of mine.
    There's a workaround for this, using the "All Members" page instead, as shown in next screenshot:

As for the issue itself, would it be possible to deactivate all plugins, from network and all subsites, also activate only default themes across the network, like TwentySeventeen, and check this again?
    If this isn't possible to be done in this live website, I'd rather advise to create a staging environment first, meaning a complete and exact copy of this installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database, so we could safely test this.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.