Unable to cancel my subscription!

I'm trying to cancel my subscription. I know how to do this - problem is it won't let me!

I can log in fine the first time, then go to Modify Account and then click on Cancel Subscription. I'm then taken to another login page. When I click the Google login button (which is how I logged in the first time around), it just opens a blank popup window and nothing happens.

From this point onwards, I'm not able to log into the site at all till I delete all cookies and try again. Then the same problem persists.

I know it's probably not, but this ordeal is leading me to wonder if this is some sort of a way to keep billing customers and avoid them from deleting their account!

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @Ashish,

I'm sorry you're having difficulty cancelling your account. This is certainly not a deliberate attempt to prevent cancellations.

You have two options at this stage.

1) Locate the email you were sent the first time you signed in using Google+. this email will have contained your actual username and password, which you can use to log in to cancel your account, rather than using the Google+ login system.

2) Send a message into our billing team via the contact form at https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact and they will happy to cancel your subscription from the admin side.

Again... sorry for any inconvenience caused.

• Ashish
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Eliott,

I don't seem to have any email from WPMU with my login details to the site. There is one regarding confirmation of the billing details, but it doesn't say anything about the login. In any case, creating a new login and password for this site kind of beats the purpose of using the Google login, doesn't it?

Anyways, I'm sending a mail to the billing team as you suggested. Hopefully that will work.

Thanks!

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

In order for Google login to work it has to create an account on our system. When it does this it usually emails out confirmation of the details it created. If it hasn't done this, then our support guys should be able to locate your account from your email address.

Hope they get things sorted out for you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.