Unable to change user profile settings

Hi ... this is an open discussion, but I couldn't figure out how to reply to the last staff response. There was no reply feature <shrug>

Anyway ... I have not been able to edit even my own user profile, and I narrowed it down to iThemes Security. However, iThemes works just fine with the same exact settings with my other website, which uses the Thesis theme, so I'm thinking the problem might be some sort of incompatibility between CoursePress Pro theme and iThemes security.

Are there any known issues between the two? And do you know of any particular setting that would cause this problem? I'm not willing to give up entirely on iThemes, because it has saved my sites from major brute force hacking attempts in the past.

Thanks, I appreciate any help you can give me.

I have given support access to the site. Thanks.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Amber,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

this is an open discussion, but I couldn't figure out how to reply to the last staff response.

Were you in the WPMU DEV dashboard or on our actual site? To do replies you need to be logged into the actual site

I have just logged into your site and I was able to change your user details without any trouble. I took the "e" off of your last name and your nick name.

It wouldn't let me at first but that was because iThemes Security doesn't let you have the same Nickname as your Username, so it keeps your username private.

Once I changed the nickname I was able to change anything else.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you're still having any issues here.

All the best,
    Tyler