Unable to complete subscription with Authorize.net payment gateway – Membership plugin

I’ve set up Gravity Forms to work with WPMU’s Membership. After the gravity form is filled out, the user is supposed to redirect to the Membership subscription page to complete their subscription by paying for it. (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gravity-forms-and-membership-signup#post-232538)

I’m testing the process and have gotten as far as being redirected to the Membership subscription page. The screen says: “Please check the details of your subscription below and click on the relevant button to complete the subscription.”

But there is no button!

The only payment gateway currently set up is Authorize.net. The problem exists whether it is in “sandbox” or “live” mode.

• Tony Banovich
    • Flash Drive

I thought I might also mention that this is a dev site – it’s at “.net” until it’s ready to launch. The site will be “.org” when it is officially live, and as such there is an already-existing SSL certificate for “.org” but not for “.net.”

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for your post.

Are you running Authorized.net in testing mode or live mode ?

If you are running in live mode, you will need an SSL on your site.

If its testing mode then you dont need and SSL. Now, as you dont see the button, there might be a few reasons.

Can you kindly provide me a screenshot of Membership >> Options >> General page ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Tony Banovich
    • Flash Drive

Hi! Thanks in advance for your help.

I think I mentioned that the problem exists whether I run the payment gateway in sandbox (test) or live mode; sorry if that was not more clear.

I was initially using the test mode when I came upon the problem, too. I then tried it in live mode just for the sake of troubleshooting, but it didn’t make a difference. I didn’t really think that would work anyway because I don’t have an SSL for the dev site. But I didn’t want to assume things, so I gave it a try anyway.

Anyway, here is a screenshot – this is what it looks like both in test AND live mode.

And just FYI, I have determined that my gravity form user registration goes through by this point in the process, but the user isn’t assigned a membership level or subscription b/c I can’t complete that part of the process.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Eva,

Thanks for the screenshot. Sorry I missed that line where you told its in both the modes.

I will need to have a closer look at your site with more details.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select “I have a different question” from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Eva,

Can you kindly try that again ?

I see that you are using Serial subscriptions and the gateway activated was AIM which does not support Recurring payments.

I activated the ARB (Auth.net Recurring Billing) so it should now show the payment button.

Please let me know if there are any issues.

Cheers, PC

• Tony Banovich
    • Flash Drive

Hi PC,

I had been locked out of replying to this forum post but George/David fixed my account and I’m back in again. That also meant that I had been unable to get to that beta version you had linked to, until just now.

But in the meantime… I realized that I hadn’t been using my Authorize.net dev account info, but had accidentally been using my client’s Authorize.net info. So as soon as I added my dev account info while Authorize.net was in sandbox mode, I was able to get through to the testing environment version of the payment screen.

I also switched my subscriptions to Finite, as I had misunderstood the difference between that and Serial (while subscribers will be able to renew, I don’t want it to occur automatically).

So now my question is… do you still think I need to switch to that beta version?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Eva,

Thanks for posting back.

Sorry for the delay here.

If that is working fine you do not need to switch to beta however that beta is going to be a stable release soon so even if you upgrade to beta, you will be safe to update.

If not, then its alright too.

Cheers, PC

• Tony Banovich
    • Flash Drive

Sam, I’ll defer to the WPMU experts, but briefly (since I had signed up for email updates on this thread), I wanted to let you know that I couldn’t get that link to load with “https” but as soon as I deleted that, the website loaded. Maybe that is part of your problem?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.