Directory: Unable to configure settings in multisite set up

Hi, I activated the plugin for one of my blogs. http://www.directory.catholicus.me/ I enabled it for this particular "blog" only, and when I activated it and went to the first step which is to "configure your settings", I get this error: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page. I don't know why... Please help!

In this site, I have no other plugins active and I'm using the standard 2011 plugin.

Thanks!

P.S. I have tried switching themes and this didn't help either. This is a support question thanks!

Atlante

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Atlante

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team! Thank you for being a member and posting to the forum.

Can you please confirm what other plugins you've got activated on your WordPress installation? I just want to rule out any other plugins that might cause a conflict with the Directory Plugin.

You can investigate from your side. Please deactivate all plugins, except the Directory. Do you still get the error message? If so, then it might be a file permission issue from your server's side. If the problem was cleared up by deactivating the other plugins, then that means we have a plugin conflict. To know which one of the plugins is causing the conflict, you will then have to activate them one by one, until the error returns.

Please let me know what you found after doing this action.

Have a good day.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Atlante

Thank you for your response. Those are the most obvious reasons why this might be happening.

OK, please access your FTP: site root directory » public_html » wp-content » plugins and delete the whole Directory Plugin. Then please reinstall the latest version of the Directory the same way, via FTP. Please see if the problem still persist after this.

Also, from the link that you provided I take it that you have a network setup, with sub-directories. Please confirm.

Look forward to your feedback.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Atlante

I'm completely baffled why this is still happening. And I'm sure it's probably just something small, but a second pair of eyes has never hurt, so I will ask the Developer to also have a look and provide his feedback.

Please allow us some time to get back to you.

In the meantime, if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to be in contact.

Have a good day!

Gina

• atlanteavila
    • Flash Drive

Man, this is getting to be quite frustrating. I can't get any help on this? This plugin was the NUMBER ONE reason why I purchased the membership with wpmu. Please help otherwise this is not worth the fee at all! Totally unhappy with the support so far.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Atlante

I'm sorry that none of my offered solutions corrected your problem. In most cases errors like yours are corrected by following the steps I provided. In your case it didn't work, so I can assure you you are in good hands with the Developer.

If there is anything else I can assist with, please don't hesitate to be in contact.

Have a good day.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Atlante

The Developer and I had a look at the WP Admin Panel login that you provided and found that you're actually having a GoPro trial membership, which I'm assuming is running on Pro Sites. The problem with you not being able to access the settings for the Directory Plugin is actually more of a GoPro membership issue. I think that the Super Admin of catholicus.me probably set up the Directory Plugin access that you can post directory listings, but you can't make changes to the settings. This is therefore not a WPMU DEV support issue, but something that you need to address from the Super Admin Panel of catholicus.me. If you don't have access to this panel yourself, then that means you won't be able to make changes to the settings and you will therefore have to request whoever is managing catholicus.me to allow you access.

There is not much else we can do from our side, I'm afraid. This is how the GoPro membership package was probably configured so you will have to correct it from there.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Have a good day!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Atlante

Ok, if you go to:

Network Admin » Settings » Network Settings » Menu Settings » Enable administrator menus and make sure that you have the 'Plugins' option checked.

Also, to ensure that you have full access to the Directory Plugin go to:

Network Admin » Plugins » Installed Plugins » Directory Plugin and make sure that the plugin is 'Network Deactivated'.

After completing these, please go back to your sub-domain site directory.catholicus.me and check if you can now access the Settings page of the Plugin.

I look forward to receive your feedback.

Have a good day!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Greetings Atlante

Hope you're well.

Just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. If you managed to solve the problem, I'm glad.

I will resolve this thread, however, please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a good day and all the best with setting up your site!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.