Unable to Create New Sites

Hi,

I'm getting a very strange error when attempting to create a new site from the Super Admin page. I get the following message on a white screen:

Already Installed
You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first.

This was working fine not too long ago. What could be causing this error?

Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rick,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This issue is most likely caused by WordPress update that didn't go well. There may have occur some temporary "communication glitch" or a server got down. It may also be a result of a quite an old WP release being updated directly to the newest version.

I assume that you are running WordPress 4.7 now, is that correct? Try following steps then:

1. Create a full backup of your current site (both - files and database); that's very important because next steps are impossible to reverse in any other way than restoring from backup, in case anything went wrong!

2. Download clear WP installation package from this site:
    https://wordpress.org/

3. Extract it (unzpi) to your local drive

4. Access your server via FTP

5. Upload files and folders from that package to your server, overwriting existing ones, except these:

- "/wp-content/" folder
    - ".htaccess" file
    - "wp-config.php" file
    - "wp-config-sample.php" file

6. Clear your browser cache and try to login to your site and see if that works.

7. If that didn't help, give these procedure a try:

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/databases/check-repair-database

Let me know about results please.

Please make sure that before taking any of these actions you have made a full backup of the site (all the files and database) so you would be able to restore it in case anything went wrong!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.