Unable to delete Answers or Move Answers to Trash

I found 3 bugs

1. As admin of the site, I'm unable to delete spam answers
2. Unable to move specific user's answers to Trash (Bulk edit)
3. Searching for specific terms in answers gives no results, while within backend, there were 11 occurrences of the same exact word.

Thanks.

• Hakan

Hi,

I just tried and everything works fine on my server. This is obviously not a Q&A bug. Please don't build a sentence "I found 3 bugs" so easily. Note that this is not a new plugin and it had been tested thousands of times.

My best guess is you are having some mySQL issues on your server.

Did this start just new? Were you able to delete them before?

Can you delete any other posts? Can you get any other search results for normal posts?

Can you try deactivating all other plugins?

Can you see error.log file on your server?

Cheers,
    Hakan

• aecnu

Greetings rsmb007,

As the lead devloper Hakan has indicated he is not able to replicate this in his test environment and though I reconfiguring my test environment I am also unable to replicate the issue.

Now it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.
    We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.
    Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any way.
    Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.
    Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.
    Cheers!
    Tom
    Sales &Support
    Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.