Unable to Display Event Calendar With Sidebar

In Appearance Settings I have ticked to override default settings. I have set the layout of the page to Sidebar/Content, but the page is showing 100% Content with no Sidebars.

I need my left sidebar for navigation please. How do I do that?
Support Access is granted.

• Dimitris

Hey there Mary,

how are you today?

The Events+ plugin is using the following template for archive pages:
    /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates/calendar/archive-incsub_event.php

As you may also see inside this file, there is no use of get_sidebar() as for example in default theme TwentySeventeen as can be seen in archive.php, so there's no sidebar displaying.

In order to surpass this, we should "combine" archive-incsub_event.php with your theme's default archive.php file.
    For that, you should copy archive.php of your theme to archive-incsub_event.php inside your theme folder. Then, inside the main content area of this new template you should use the Events+ template part.

For example, the main content area of 2017 theme is the one here: https://github.com/WordPress/twentyseventeen/blob/master/archive.php#L29-L54
    and should be replaced with the whole

<div id="wpmudevevents-wrapper">
    // the rest of the code
    </div>
    section of /events-and-bookings/default-templates/calendar/archive-incsub_event.php file.
    You should also copy-paste the 14 first lines from that file on top of the new template as they are being used to calculate the data that are being shown below in events calendar.

Hope that was some help, let me know if more assistance is required here!
    Take care,
    Dimitris

• Luís

Hi Mary ,

Hope you're doing well today!

The default Calendar template don't use a sidebar in order to have more space to output the calendar. To overcome this, you will need to edit and override this default template to change this behaviour.

To do this, you will need:

1) Download and edit the "archive-incsub_event.php" file found inside "wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/default-templates/calendar" folder.

2) At the bottom of the file, add the sidebar support with this code before the "footer":

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

3) Upload this modified template to your theme folder to override the default one.

You may need to add some more modifications to adapt the template to your theme, I tested this using the default WordPress theme and needed to add the class to set the main content area width, adding this class to the "primary" div:

<div id="primary" class="content-area">

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Mary

I would like to go back to the full page calendar but am having trouble getting there. I deleted the "archive-incsub_event.php" file from my child theme folder, set my page layout to "Content" (no sidebars), dumped my wp-rocket and browser cache, but it is still show with space for sidebar.

What did I forget?
    Thanks!
    Support Access granted.

Apologies. I found changes in my Custom CSS at the bottom. All is good.