Unable to edit custom fields

Since last update of A+ I was able to edit custom fileds in the appointment admin screen.
Now the custom fields appear greyed and I cannot edit them.
This is vital for my business as I have custom fields like surname or vat number, which must me editable.
Can you let me know how to make them editable again ?

Please also read my previous post on this argument a few years ago. Since than everything worked up to now.
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/editing-custom-fields-in-appointment

Regards

Antonio

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Antonio,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Thanks for providing the URL to original thread with this issue, I did some file comparison and there were a lot of changes in that file since 1.4.4 and I was unable to find why it stopped working again :slight_frown:

I will forward this to our second level support dev guys so they can check it out.
    Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Pedrag,

Thanks for forwarding the issue to the developers.

Perhaps this is something that could be usefull: I can still edit additional fields in a stand-alone wordpress installation with latest version of A+, but I cannot edit them on a multisite installation. So perhaps the issue is tied to that.

Looking forward to hear form you.

Kind regards

Antonio

• Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I investigated the add-on source code.
    Custom fields are editable if additional_fields-admin_edit option is set to true:

/**
    * Check if additional fields are editable
    * @return bool
    */
    private function _are_editable() {
    $options = appointments_get_options();
    return ! empty( $options['additional_fields-admin_edit'] );
    }

The problem is I could not find any other point in the code where this option is set. So, in a new install it's empty.

Actually I solved the problem commenting and returning true:

private function _are_editable() {
    $options = appointments_get_options();
    // return ! empty( $options['additional_fields-admin_edit'] );
    return true;
    }

But this is evidently a bug in the code which the developer can easily correct.

Please let me know.

regards

Antonio

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Antonio,

Perhaps this is something that could be usefull: I can still edit additional fields in a stand-alone wordpress installation with latest version of A+, but I cannot edit them on a multisite installation. So perhaps the issue is tied to that.

That's strange, on my end I was testing on single installation and could still see the issue there :worried:

I investigated the add-on source code.
    Custom fields are editable if additional_fields-admin_edit option is set to true:

Thanks a lot for getting back to us with this information, I have updated my previous report with this info so that devs can check it out, I'm also sending some thankyou points your way :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.