Unable to edit my site appearance

I am unable to edit my site appearance as the SuperAdmin and a valid user on the site. The site accuses me of cheating. I need to change an email and address in the Appearance | Customise. When I searched the error which is

Cheating, are we?
Sorry, you are not allowed to customise this site.

I found WPMU-Dev references but no solution that worked.

Please assist as this is really annoying. Support tickets should not also not be public in general...

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Riaan,

I'm sorry to hear about issues on your site.

Have you run plugin conflict test to exclude that some plugin is causing this? If not, please run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If there will be no positive results would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Threads are public because they might provide valuable information to other members on forum about solving similar problems.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Riaan,

We don't get notifications about granted access, you need to confirm here in thread that it is open.

I checked your site and during saving in customization there was internal server error 500. This is very general error but there are few most popular reasons:
    1) Plugin conflict - I would need to know if you performed that test I mentioned here
    2) Issue with memory limits - I checked yours and they are high, so that should not be issue at all.
    3) Other error that we can find by enabling debug mode in WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.