Unable to get comments, reply, etc. to appear at the bottom of a post. Can you help?

Hi,
I've filled out the settings made available in Upfront for each of my posts, but the fields for comments, reply, etc. aren't showing up at the end. I have no idea what's going wrong or if there is a glitch in the application. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Kimberly
blackmothersunited.wsbydesign.com (development site)

• Patrick

Hi there @Kimberly Cohen

I hope you had a great weekend!

I just logged into your site to see if I can help you figure this out. The first thing I saw in your admin is that comments are disabled for every individual post.

I then tested by toggling comments on/off for an individual post in the admin, and that works as expected. However, trying to do the same in the Upfront editor has no effect.

I can reproduce this behavior on my own site, so I'm flagging this as a bug, and have notified the theme developers so they can investigate.

For now, you would need to continue toggling comments on or off as needed in the admin. I know, it kinda defeats the purpose of having a frontend editor, but we'll get that sorted soon enough. :slight_smile:

• Patrick

Hi again @Kimberly Cohen

I hope you're well today!

I just heard back from one of the developers who confirms that the Discussion Settings link in the Upfront editor (found at the bottom of every post/page) adjusts the global discussion settings, just like under Settings > Discussion in the admin.

There is currently no per-post setting to toggle comments on/off in the Upfront editor.

Both I and the dev agree though that it would be very good to have that option in the Upfront editor too. So he<s gonna run it by the lead Upfront developers and, hopefully, get it into a future update.

So, in the meantime, we'll need to continue using the checkbox for individual posts in the admin if we want to turn comments on or off for a specific post.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.