unable to get to Network Admin pages after 3.1.1 upgrade

I just did the 3.1.1 upgrade, and it seems to work fine on the front end, and in the main blog admin site... until I try to go to Update Network or the WPMU DEV page, or for that matter, ANY page on the Network Admin site. Then, I just sit and spin...

Help!

  • Ernie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    Hi Dave,
    The error logs show this:

    [Thu Apr 14 08:14:20 2011] [error] [client 173.51.56.187] File does not exist: /home/racreprt/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social/_inc/css/none, referer: http://racshadow.org/

    any idea what is it looking for?

    Then I changed the theme to bp default theme -- same behaviour, but now NO errors. Huh?

  • Ernie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    I've tried disabling all plugins but BP (by removing them via ftp, since I can't get to Network Admin).

    No joy, same issue.

    So, since I have to run this site, so I've reverted to WP 3.0.5 -- where everything seems to work fine.

    I do have a complete backup of the site as it is now, so I can later provide it if need be... I'll probably have to try to duplicate the error to get this fixed and be able to upgrade to 3.1.1.

    Suggestions, anyone?

  • Ernie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    Ok, I'm back to this now. SAME problem, even after I did a completely manual upgrade to WP 3.1.1 from 3.1.

    ALL plugins except Akismet and Hello Dolly are removed.

    The site just hangs and sits, anytime I try to go to ANY Network Admin page -- that is, any file inside the wp-admin/network folder.

  • Ernie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    Hey David,

    Again, great support and help!

    I read the topic and then commented out this code in wp-config.php:

    /*
    $base = '/';
    define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'mydomain.org');
    define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
    define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
    define('BLOGID_CURRENT_SITE', '1');
    */

    ...and voila... seems to be working fine now...

    If any of those are really needed, please let me know, but I've not seen a problem, so far.

    Thanks again.
    Ernie

  • DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

    Woohoo! That one had me scratching my head for quite a while trying to figure out why it would just hang up when trying to access the Network Admin page. Glad ya got that sorted though and thanks for posting the resolution here! :slight_smile:

    Cheers,
    David

  • Ernie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    Odd thing, too -- no errors in the 300 error log, and no errors seen by IE8 -- I usually run my admin pages in IE8 and run front end pages in FireFox, so I can use Firebug there.

    Just before I got your suggestion about it being a redirect problem, I happened to run the admin page in FireFox and got a notice THERE that FireFox had "detected a redirect that would never resolve..."

    Anyway, a little more info, hope it helps somebody in the future.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.