Unable to install plugins via the WPMU DEV Dashboard.

Support ticket opened by me for the user he is unable to install plugins via the dashboard he has already granted staff access.

• Rupok

Hi tom_pettit

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and tried to install Google Maps (just a random plugin to check this issue) plugin through WPMU DEV Dashboard but it's showing me the following error:
    Installation of Google Maps failed. Most likely reason for this are wrong folder permissions of your wp-contents folder.

Can you please confirm you have correct directory permission for your wp-content folder? You will get more idea about correct file permission from this official article: https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• tom_pettit

It looks like I now have the ability to reply, so here we go!

You asked me to verify the permissions which I had done already. But after investigating further I saw in the logs that I was getting file quota errors because I had hit a limit on the number of files I am allowed with my hosting account (because of a default email account I was unaware of was accumulating spam). ANyway, that was fixed and most plugins can now be installed except the two which had failed - membership 2 pro and snap pro. I am thinking that somehow something in the database is corrupt and not allowing me to install those two because of the failed installs when the hosting account was having those problems. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the dashboard plugin, but that did not help.
    Why would I not be able to install the two plugins that failed? I do not see any files let over in my directories, so is there something in the database or on your end where the tracking is done?

• Rupok

Hi tom_pettit

Hope you had a wonderful day.

most plugins can now be installed except the two which had failed - membership 2 pro and snap pro

Well, as you said you had hit a limit on the number of files you are allowed with your hosting account, this could still be the reason. I'm not sure if this is the one, but chances are high as Membership 2 Pro has 973 Files and Snapshot Pro has 469 Files. Can you confirm these number of files are not a problem for your hosting account?

I am thinking that somehow something in the database is corrupt and not allowing me to install those two because of the failed installs when the hosting account was having those problems

This is not supposed to happen. When a plugin installation fails, it doesn't add anything in the database until it's activated at least for once.

I could tell you better about the issue if I could make some tests on your site. Can you please send me message with FTP access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - WordPress admin Username
    - WordPress admin Password
    - Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Moreover, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.