Unable to install wpmu dashboard on brand new multisite

Hey guys,
ive just set up a brand new wordpress and converted it to multisite,
im up to the point where i want to install wpmu dashboard but, wordpress is able to install it, but as soon as i click on network activate, the site becomes totally unresponsive, just a blank white page for anything i try to load.

i have set up a username and password for you guys, i will pass the details on in a more secure place.
regards
Luke!

• Dimitris

Hey there Luke,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I presume that you installed/uploaded WPMUDEV Dashboard from your plugins page
    /wp-admin/network/plugins.php

Could you please try to access your server via FTP, delete the plugin folder entirely, and re-upload it?

First delete the current folder /wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates.

Then, download the .zip file from here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/, un-compress it locally and upload it in /wp-content/plugins/ folder so at the end it should resides at /wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/.

Finally, try to activate it from WP plugins listing page one more time
    /wp-admin/network/plugins.php

If this continues, we should use some debug information while you're reaching this white screen.
    Access your server through FTP once more, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /*That’s it! Stop editing… */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by enabling the WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin and getting the white screen of death. By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created. Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

I look forward for your results on this! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.