Unable to log into WP-admin with "super-user" account

Over the past week, I have tried to diagnose this problem, thinking it was my host, Arvixe (whom I would never recommend to anyone as a host). I have run anti-virus and malware scans against my computer, had my ISP reset my modem and router several times. But every time I try to log in to my WP site, skydiving-encyclopedia.com, I can't even get to the log in screen. As soon as I click LOGIN from my site's Home page, I get a 503 error.

I am able to log in to Paypal, eBay, my Arivxe cpanel account, my Microsoft account, gmail, etc.

I have tried logging in to my WP site using both MozillaFirefox, immediately after a hard boot, and Internet Explorer. Regardless of the browser I'm using, I get the 503 Service Not Available error message. I usually use Chrome.

Using cpanel, I checked the date/time last modified date of wp_login.php. It is the same date/time as many other files in the same folder (in April).

Just a few minutes ago, I went to my home page, and clicked the link "Register Free". It took me to the registration page. I created a new username/password and used my son's email address for it. It created the new user, welcomed me to my site, then took me to my home page (which it's supposed to do). I browsed around the site then clicked LOG OFF.

When I clicked LOG OFF, I got the attached error message, WITH a mention, in the URL string, of my old site, works-words.com/WP/NSM-WIKI.com. This hasn't been my active site for well over a year, though it still exists.

I am now thinking this "may" be a WP problem.

Funny thing, though, another admin on the site can log in as an admin. She lives over 100 miles away and uses a different ISP, and her IP address is different than mine.

I am the "Super-user". . . . and I can't log in but another admin can.

Adam, PLEASE help me.

I am hereby giving you permission to access my site and do whatever you think is necessary to fix what is broke.

This problem has existed for almost a week.

Thank you very very very much in advance.

Mary Todd, Admin/Developer

• Nithin

Hi Mary,

Sorry to know that you are having issue with logging in, to troubleshoot it further could you please send me your credentials so that I could give a closer look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic.

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username & password (superadmin)
    -WordPress username & password(if you have any working account that you could login)
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Please send me these details, so that we could sort this asap. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Mary,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I just checked your website, and I'm able to login without any issue. If you are still having issue with logging in, and since you have already tried clearing your browser cache, cookies, and also logging through different browser. The issue might be related to the Wordfence plugin blocking your IP.

I have temporarily disabled the plugin firewall, and deactivated the plugin. And have also removed the blocked IP's under Wordfence >Advanced Blocking menu. Please check whether you are able to login now? You can reactive the plugin, once you login. If you still have issue, please send me the screenshot, with the error message you get.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how that goes, so that we could get this resolved asap. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mary,

I've tried to log in to your site as Super admin and I was able to do that without problem. From the screenshot you send it looks like this is server problem (this is error from server not the WP).

This is long shot - but can you check from another internet connection - it can be mobile one, any different than your home one.
    Because I can login with your credentials it doesn't look like this is issue with account itself.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Mary

Nithin and Kasia,

THANK YOU both for all your help. Kasia, you were absolutely right. I have logged into my site from my friend's home. Tomorrow morning, I'll be back on the phone with my ISP and ask them what is going on. When this first occurred, I contacted my ISP to have them reset both my modem and new router (both provided by them). They reset my devices 3 or 4 times and stated that the problem was not caused by their equipment. Since then, I have spent so very many hours troubleshooting this, only to find out it is caused by their equipment.

Once again, WPMU Dev support is FANTASTIC, even when the problem is not WP related.

Love you guys!!

Gratefully,

Mary Todd, Admin/Developer
    http://www.Skydiving-encyclopedia.com

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.