Unable to move CSS resources to the footer and load only critical CSS

Hi,

I am trying to optimize my site for a 100% page load score. The main issue is that I am unable to defer the CSS resources to the footer even after setting up the advanced configurations correctly.

I entered the 'critical css' in the 'above the fold' section and moved all the other CSS to the footer. But due to some reason, the deferring is not happening. Can you please login and check this issue? I have enabled support access for https://fresco.wpmudev.host.

Can you also please check if I have entered the above the fold CSS correctly?

Another related question : After minification, hummingbird creates its own minified resource. If 'Move to footer' is also enabled for this resource, will it move the minified version to the footer?

Thanks

• Vijay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Doing a test in the google page insights tool, it shows the recommendation to 'defer unused css' and I can save around 0.9 secs of loading time.

Also, how do we add critical CSS for multiple pages ?

Cheers,
    Vijay

• viobru
    • Recruit

Hi, Vijay!

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

Please, let me inform that there are no "perfect" settings when it come to Asset Optimization since each site is different and the best optimization will depend on the plugins and theme installed on it.

I see that you have applied the option "Move to Footer" to all CSS files listed in AO, so I guess that you are referring to that the option was already activated to all them.
    I also see that you are currently getting a 93 score in Hummingbird and that the lowest score is coming from "Remove render blocking resources", that currently has a 37 score and it is just listing a file that (path: /wp-content/cache/swift-performance/) that seems to be related to the Swift Performance plugin that it is installed on the site.
    Please, make sure to purge any cache created by it and try running a new test with Hummingbird to see if the score changes and if the file is still listed after doing so.

I checked it and, as far as I can see, the CSS rules were properly added to the "CSS above the fold" section.

Regarding your last question, please check this article for more details about How to Eliminate Render-Blocking Issues With Hummingbird for WordPress

Please check this and leet us know if it helped.

Have a nice day ahead!

Kind regards,
    Violeta

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.