Unable to Post to Facebook as Admin User

Trying to get your Ultimate Facebook app working on a client site (www.givingfoundations.org), but running into an issue posting to the test Facebook page in some situations. Here are the 3 scenarios:

1. logged into Facebook as a user with admin-level access to the app/FB page

2. logged into Facebook as any other user (most will fall into this category)

3. not logged in to Facebook at all

It seems only scenarios 2 and 3 are allowing me to post. Scenario 1 still claims to have posted, but nothing shows on the FB wall. Here are the blog and FB page I have been testing with:

http://www.givingfoundations.org/kyle/

https://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=172155019528866&sk=wall

I am running v 1.4 of this plugin. Any suggestions?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi gkccf and welcome to WPMU DEV!

That really is strange, being logged in as an Admin user especially should work just fine. To help get to the root of the issue, could you please update to the latest 1.4.1 version that was just released?

Also, could you let us know what version of WordPress you’re using? Is it Multisite enabled? And are you using BuddyPress?

Thanks,

David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Kyle,

Ok. Very weird.

1. logged into Facebook as a user with admin-level access to the app/FB page

Are you referring to the WordPress admin role here? It looks like all posts are published by the same ‘admin’ on the WordPress site, so can you clarify what is different about the posts that are not making it to facebook?

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya Kyle,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Cheers,

David

• gkccf
    • New Recruit

Didn’t get it sorted out, and wasn’t getting any sort of response here. Found a different Facebook plugin elsewhere that works better, cancelled my WPMU membership last night. A bit disappointed. Thanks anyway.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.