Unable to restore local snapshots

When creating a Snapshot backup to an FTP location. The backups are imported but not seen in the restore option/snapshots list.

• Nazmul H. Rupok
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Andrew

Hope you are doing well today. Sorry to hear that you are facing some trouble with snapshot. I see you have tried to import the backups but it doesn't show to restore option. Would you mind if I try that from our end? If you provide me with additional login credentials, I can look into it more to find out what's going wrong.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: Nazmul"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - backup URLs that needs to be imported

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP/SFTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,
    Nazmul

• Andrew
    • New Recruit

Hi Nazmul,

That isn't the one I want to restore, Huberson is one of the support guys on your team and he had me create that for some reason I don't understand. I'm not as technical as you guys so this is very confusing.

All I know is that I have all of my previous backups stored here: /public_html/wp-content/uploads/ResideRenovation

I want to restore one of those, I am pretty sure it's the one from 6/8.

But when I log in to my wordpress and try to restore a snapshot, it doesn't show me any of those as available. It only shows me 2 available snapshots, the one I uploaded called Huberson (which I don't even understand where it's uploaded) and one from a Google Drive account.

I would like to do this via chat so I understand and we can get it done faster. There's now way to do that?

• Nazmul H. Rupok

Hi Andrew

Hope you are doing great. Huberson is the guy who helped you in live chat and tried to import the backup with his name on it. Apparently there was some issue (perhaps the older version) and that's why it was not showing the import option right then. But I can see everything working as expected and you can restore the snapshot if you need :

If you think it's not the right backup, you can try importing again from Snapshot > Import placing the Directory URL.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I could assist further on this.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
      Nazmul

• Andrew
    • New Recruit

Nazmul, I appreciate you trying to help me but you are not understanding the issue. The snapshot Huberson is not the one I want to restore. The snapshot I want to restore is in this location: /public_html/wp-content/uploads/ResideRenovation AKA my local directory. When I press import it shows me that all of the snapshots are uploaded but it does not let me restore them. I have attached a screenshot that hopefully will clarify. AGAIN, if we could do a live chat this would be much easier. If that is not possible can you just tell me instead of ignoring the question? Thank you

• Nazmul H. Rupok

Hi Andrew

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for your patience and pointing the right backup with screenshot. I have tried to import from my end and it says "Error: Manifest data not found in archive." for this particular backup and if you see the file size shows 1.82 KB :

So I guess this backup was not generated properly for some reason and doesn't contain any real readable files there. Is it possible for you to restore any other backup? This particular backup file seems corrupted I am afraid.

Let me know if I could do anything from our end. I'll be happy to do that. And we could do live chat but this kind of troubleshooting takes lots of time as you can see, so it would be difficult to do it in a live chat.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
      Nazmul

• Nazmul H. Rupok

Hi Andrew

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for the delay since our code experts deal with more tickets and all of them needs time to come to a solution. I have followed up with the developer for a faster resolution on this. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.

Thanks for your patience on this.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Nazmul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.