Unable to restore my site backup

I’m trying to restore my site Managed Backups and it’s very small. But I am always getting failed.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Brian Smith

Hope you are doing good today.

I was able to restore your site on my test site without any issue. I download backup from your HUB.

However on your hosting while restoring backup some values gets overwrite because backup store wordfence-waf.php on root folder and define in php.ini file:

auto_prepend_file = '/home/username/website.com/wordfence-waf.php

Somehow Wordfence define is call and block the restore process including some defines in php.ini file.

Please follow below guide to restore this site correct:

1. Go to your Hub, click on the source site domain, go to Backup tab. There you will see your managed backups listed.

2. Beside the listings, there will be a button RESTORE. Click on it and choose “My website is down”

3. Clicking that will give you option to download two files.

A) One – Backup Zip File

B) Two – snapshot-installer.php file

4. Download them both.

5. unzip file: full_backup-1567635441-full-db6280bd.zip

a) remove file wordfence-waf.php from folder www

b) open in www folder file called php.ini, delete all from there and add below code:

; cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit
    ; Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.
    ; To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)
    ; For more information, read our documentation (https://go.cpanel.net/EA4ModifyINI)
    display_errors = Off
    max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 180
    max_input_vars = 8000
    memory_limit = 512M
    post_max_size = 128M
    session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
    session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72"
    upload_max_filesize = 128M
    zlib.output_compression = Off

7. ZIP all again so file will be call full_backup-1567635441-full-db6280bd.zip

6. Then upload both to your target site root directory. (this directory needs to be empty)

7. Create a clean database at your target site hosting.

8. Then go to “https://ENTER_SITE_URL.com/snapshot-installer.php “

9. Then you will see options to restore the backup.

10. Follow the instructions and then you will be done.

I recommend to follow all steps on some temporary domain to check does all works fine, to not break live site.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Brian Smith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you Kris,

I did delete my old security plugins that i think was causing the issues. Wordfence and Sucuri both free versions I was using. I removed the Wordfence from my htaccess file and deleted all files from Sucuri and Wordfence. Seems to be running great, and no need for the updated backup. So i will get this running good and make another clean backup. Thank you

Brian

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.