Unable to see question body with paid Q&A plugin

Hi everyone – thanks in advance.

I have a custom theme, and I want to use Q&A to create a question and answer section of my site.

The site is built on WordPress. I installed the plugin and see it fine.

I want to do the following:

1. Allow anyone to submit a question (registered or not is fine – as long as the registration process is easy.)

2. Have questions go live after being moderated by an administrator

3. Allow registered users to submit answers too.

Also, while I can see the question, I cannot see the body of the question. I’m not having this problem with answers.

Can you help? Here is the link: http://www.jessweiss.com/testing/benchmkt/questions/

TIA!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey triadadmin.

The issue is known and not yet fixed in the latest version, but this is how you can fix it:

Open the file:

/wp-content/plugins/qa/default-templates/single-question.php

Look for this in there around line 9:

<?php the_qa_menu(); ?>

<?php if ( $user_ID == 0 || current_user_can( 'read_questions', 0 ) ) { ?>

And then add this:

<?php the_post(); ?>

So it looks like this:

<?php the_qa_menu(); ?>

<?php the_post(); ?>

<?php if ( $user_ID == 0 || current_user_can( 'read_questions', 0 ) ) { ?>

Then save and upload, your body of text will be back for you.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

The actual culprit for a user not being able to see a post is that currently, by default, they do not have the capability within Q&A to view posts. As part of the initial setup, you should go to the Q&A Settings page and check the box for ‘read posts’ under the subscriber role. This will allow everyone to read questions. It works the same way for the answers post_type.

After discussion, we’ve decided to change this behavior so that when Q&A is first installed it will default to the same capabilities as a user would have for normal posts. This means both questions and answers will be viewable by default by everyone. Expect an update next week!

Thanks!

• bigt11
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@tim is this <?php the_post(); ?> issue resolved in 1.6?? I had to manually add it to 1.4, I updated to 1.6, masonjames explanation seems to be that the user role just doesn’t have the rights to see it?? I just went to 1.6 and im logged in as admin and in the QA settings they have all rights, and if i go to the single-question.php page, I still could not see that body of the question. So i did have to add <?php the_post(); ?> to make it work. Am i missing something?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.