Unable to send messages by nickname instead of username

Hello,
I have installed the Private Messaging plugin and would like to send messages to other users by nickname rather than username. The reason is the site is setup to show each user's nickname and not the username.
Please let me know what should be done in order to achieve this. Also can you specify where I have to go to modify the layout of how the messages are seen(for instance remove the thumbnails or date of message sent, etc).
Thank you.

• Vaughan

Hi JeHa,

Hope you're well?

This would require editing the plugin code, and it's not quite so simple, as when you change the code to use nickname instead of username you will inevitably discover you have a lot more problems because nicknames are not unique in wordpress, and that means 2 or more users can have the same nickname.

I'm not sure what to suggest here as it would certainly require extensive changes and some additional coding to get round the nickname not being unique issue.

This would be a bit beyond the scope of support we could give here, but I will certainly add this to the feature list for the developer to look into in a future release if possible.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.