Unable to Set Up Sign-up/Register for Multisite ProSites Properly

Hey Superheros :wink:

This is about welldonewellness.com

I'm building a multisite with which I want users to be able to sign up/ register for a site that's free now and will have two premium versions in addition later. (After our crowdfund campaign and legal rigamarole is over.)

I've been attempting this with the Spirit Upfront Theme and ProSites. I have a background in Wordpress sites and HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but these plugins are new to me and I'm still learning the ropes. I've tried searching for answers, but it's left me feeling a bit dizzy. I have a lot going on trying to launch a business (I'm sure a lot of you can relate) and right now I just want to do the simplest, quickest, easiest thing I can without shooting myself in the foot for later.

This is my main objective: To allow my users to sign-up/register to create their own sites

Problem context:

I'm quite turned around at this point, but I do see that there is a register page and a sign-up page. Both of them have issues. On the register page the theme works but it's displaying code instead of a form: http://www.welldonewellness.com/register/ On the register page the theme doesn't work and there doesn't seem to be any working CSS at all, though a form is there: http://www.welldonewellness.com/wp-signup.php When I try to edit the sign-up page in Upfront it shows me something ENTIRELY different from what I see online.

Questions:

What page am I even supposed to use? How do I edit it? How do I simply make this work and return to the land of the mentally stable?

From the searching I've done, it looks like there are multiple options for forms and pages to create sites. I just need to know the easiest, simplest, fastest way to do this without compromising my site in the long run. I can do something brilliant and elaborate once I've launched this business and repaid my sleep debt.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ashlie Ariel

• Nastia

Hello Ashlie Ariel , I hope you are doing well today!

This registration page contains shortcode from the Membership 2 plugin, wish is deactivated on your site at the current moment.

Your current registration page is this one:
    http://www.welldonewellness.com/wp-signup.php

The Signup page is a default WordPress page and unfortunately, it's not something that Upfront editor can make changes to. What we can do here is to add some CSS code to improve the sign up form.

I can suggest another workaround, to use a registration plugin like Gravity Forms till you activate the Pro Site plugin. Add the form's shortcode on a registration page that you will create and adjust this page to your needs.

Let me know if you choose to add CSS to a sign-up form so we could make it look different.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello Ashlie Ariel

The bellow CSS should position the signup form in the middle, add thin border to the fields and change the submit button

input#user_name, #user_email, #signup_code, #password_1, #password_2 {
        padding: 8px 15px;
        margin: 0px 0px 15px 0px;
        border: 1px solid #ddd;
        border-radius: 4px;
    }

#signup-content.widecolumn {
        width: 60%;
        position: relative;
        padding-left: 20%;
    }
    input.submit {
        background: #38C5B5;
        color: white;
        width: 100%;
        height: 36px;
        display: block;
    }
    button#user-avatar-field {
        background: #38C5B5;
        color: white;
        width: 20%;
        height: 36px;
        display: block;
    }

Use the Ultimate Branding plugin, enable the Custom Login CSS module and add this CSS inside.

As for the radio button, it also possible to hide it with the CSS code:

/* Hides radio button
    Gimme a site!
    Just a username, please.
    */
    input#signupblog, #signupuser {display:none;}
    .checkbox {display:none !important;}

Let me know if you need anything else!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.